Prophet Angel's 'Miracle Money' must be investigated
2013 January 07 15:43:29 | 4525 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2916 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2807 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6703 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7484 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6069 views
- 'MDC-T is lost and misguided on land reform,' claims Rhodesian Prophet | 2013 May 13 06:56:34
- Prophet with an ability to predict anyone's death emerges | 2013 April 16 16:20:22
- Scramble for prophet’s anointing oil, bottle goes for $4 | 2013 March 08 09:57:46
- Prophet resurrects baby from the dead | 2013 January 25 16:44:10
- Prophet Uebert Angel upsets T.B Joshua's followers | 2013 February 24 10:20:20 | 41023 views
- Prophet T.B. Joshua's prophecies for 2013 | 2013 January 01 12:26:15 | 21360 views
- Obama's wife is a Zimbabwean! | 2013 April 01 12:51:57 | 20602 views
- 'If anyone was defending Nkomo, it was I. I was the last to leave Zapu,' says Mugabe | 2013 February 19 15:02:19 | 11242 views
- Mpofu and SK Moyo up for Presidency | 2013 January 17 16:37:36 | 11095 views
But many others believe Angel is indeed endowed with the power to instruct God to produce money and give it to a select few among his congregation. Again there is nothing wrong in people believing in what they choose to believe in. It's called faith and it defies rational explanation.
Money, however, is an earthly tool used by earthly people of all religious persuasion to transact business. It comes with rules so that is doesn't cause conflict. This is why it has to be strictly regulated by central government.
Angel should know this basic truth and, without sounding blasphemous, so should God. In the secular world, all money that comes into a monetary system without the authority or knowledge of central government is illegal. This is because it has the potential, depending on the quantum, to destabilise the country through inflation or a parallel market.
For this reason, certain government agencies should take an interest in Angel's "miracle money". The central bank should know its origins, its authenticity and its quantity.
Revenue authorities should also look into how this money can be taxed. This is very important because even if only holy people receive it, they eventually put it into a system used by everybody. If some people have access to untaxed income while others have every cent of their earnings taxed, this becomes unfair and could create a social crisis.
The police should also be interested to know if there is no criminality surrounding this money. Criminality may come in the form of money laundering. Zimbabwe is using - because of its universal use - about the most laundered currency in the world, the US dollar.
Many analysts are also of the view that some churches have reinvented money pyramids which almost crushed Zimbabwe's banking system in the 1990s and conned thousands of people of their life savings.
Whichever way we look at it, Angel's "miracle money" needs probing.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on Bulawayo24 have been independently written by members of Bulawayo24's community. The views of users published on Bulawayo24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Bulawayo24. Bulawayo24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 587 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1045 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 761 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1056 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 563 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 500 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1492 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3975 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3948 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1495 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2862 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2120 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1750 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2276 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3514 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2552 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5419 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1728 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2417 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1964 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2499 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2665 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1776 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2954 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 885 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3400 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4312 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1934 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2032 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2048 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2740 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2252 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4154 Views