Apostolic churches set to pray for Zimbabwe
2012 May 21 00:02:29 | 1734 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2965 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2820 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6716 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7499 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6079 views
- Faith Ministries mobilises churches to build homes for children in prisons | 2013 May 06 09:08:01
- Churches take over Bulawayo company premises | 2013 May 05 17:36:02
- Apostolic churches confirm loyality to Mugabe | 2013 April 29 05:53:38
- Zim churches meet Mugabe about peace | 2013 April 17 10:21:58
- Apostolic sect leaders seek MDC-T protection | 2013 March 11 14:33:29
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85102 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46491 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44908 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30564 views
Apostolic churches in Zimbabwe will on May 25 hold a National Day of Prayer at the Zimbabwe Grounds in Highfield. The event, to be held under the banÂner of the Apostolic Christian Council of Zimbabwe, which repreÂsents 370 apostolic sects in Zimbabwe, will coinÂcide with another prayer meeting slated for the National Sports Stadium.
ACCZ will also honour founders of apostolic churches, both living and departed, with the â€œOrder of Meritâ€ awards for their roles in establishing independent African churches.
Up to 200 000 pilgrims and GovÂernment officials are expected to attend. Speaking at a Press conference in Harare yesterday, ACCZ spokesperÂson Bishop Losheck Kufakunesu said the event would be a significant mileÂstone.
â€œWe want to take that opportunity to pray for the country and express gratiÂtude to the Government for allowing freedom of worship which was not granted in colonial era.
â€œThe day is significant in that as Africa Day we are celebrating African churches and the role they have played to date. We are keen to express our gratitude for the empowerment proÂgrammes that Government is embarkÂing on which are benefitting our peoÂple,â€ he said.
Bishop Kufakunesu explained that apostolic sects were being excluded in national conventions such as the ZimÂbabwe Council of Churches and PenÂtecostal churches hence the need for their own meeting.
In apparent reference to controverÂsial Nigerian pastor TB Joshua, Bishop Kufakunesu also castigated â€œprophets of doomâ€ seeing problems in Southern Africa when their counÂtries have bigÂger problems, which include the bombing of churches. He said the ACCZ does not subÂscribe to such â€œprophesiesâ€, adding that Zimbabwe has its own unherÂalded prophets that can do wonders.
Chief Registrar Reverend Taurai Mbewe said the body will recognise the work done by Apostolic churches.
â€œWe will honour the founding fathers of apostolic and Zion churches with the Order of Merit Award in recognition of the great work black churches played before and after IndeÂpendence.
â€œThese include David Jeke Masuka, founder of the Zion church, Samuel Mutendi, Paul Mwazha, Mudzidzi Wimbo, Elija Mugodhi, Habakuk Mangara, Luka Matara, and Johane Marange Momberume. These are the heroes of black churches in Zimbabwe.
â€œWe will also unveil a funeral assurÂance scheme following an agreement we entered into with a South African company and we will also unveil empowerment projects for our memÂbers,â€ he said.
Businessman and farmer Mr Nelson Mahupete pledged to support apostolic church members with farming inputs.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 0 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 6 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 60 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 666 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 461 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1040 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 239 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 476 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 427 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 310 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 584 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 319 Views
Prosper Ndlovu | 2013 May 22 | 338 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 519 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 659 Views
Charles Laiton | 2013 May 22 | 486 Views
Jairos Saunyama | 2013 May 22 | 403 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 888 Views
blackvoicenews.com | 2013 May 22 | 392 Views
Agencies | 2013 May 22 | 243 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1738 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 937 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1655 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1399 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1089 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3683 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4524 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2030 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2108 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2065 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2777 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2264 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4183 Views