MDC-T leaders have absorbed the Zanu-PF mentality - Bennett
2012 May 11 11:16:54 | 2547 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2609 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2670 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6561 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7328 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5916 views
- 'Zimbabwe land reform has failed,' says Bennett | 2013 May 18 00:24:13
- MDC-T to hold its National Policy Conference in Harare | 2013 May 16 14:42:57
- MDC-T supporting dwindling, claims Chihwayi | 2013 May 13 06:24:38
- 68-year-old woman bashed by MDC-T | 2013 May 07 22:39:42
- ALERT - Soldiers suspiciously deployed at mobile voter registration centre | 2013 May 07 12:24:22
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83919 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45733 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44366 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30132 views
This might explain the reason why The MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai has flown to the United States ostensibly to try to win the confidence of his party's supporters and sponsors who are clamouring for leadership change in the party.
Bennett, who is believed to be in Britain, said there was a growing tendency among the democratic forces in Zimbabwe to "disparage the Diaspora" as if those inside the country were making all the sacrifices while those outside should "shut up and put up."
Writing on his Facebook wall, Bennett posted: "Is our thinking becoming Zanufied? Maybe there is more to all this than meets the eye. Perhaps there are some at home who are trying to make themselves heroes and legends because they have something to hide? Some of those throwing stones at our Diaspora are on the gravy train at home. Far from being heroes of the struggle, they are making love to Zanu-PF and living like kings. We are neither blind nor stupid."
But MDC-T national organising secretary Nelson Chamisa yesterday downplayed Bennett's attack, describing his utterances as "a statement of warning" rather than a "vote of no confidence" in the party leadership.
Coincidentally, Bennett's attack came amid reports MDC-T was battling to contain factional fights and intra-party clashes in most of its structures countrywide.
Bennett said some of the party leaders had turned arrogant and "absorbed the Zanu-PF (amafikizolo) mentality by implying that those who left the country long ago must be quiet and do not have a role to play".
"Some of these people are living like kings while pretending to be heroes. The fundamental problem is that some leaders are not respecting the people on the ground â€” both people at home and people abroad. Some have developed big heads and are not listening to the people.
"What I want to see is ordinary Zimbabweans taking control of our party and our country. The people inside and outside Zimbabwe must choose who they want and not put up with politicians who are out of order and who think they have a God-given right to their positions," Bennett said.
Chamisa however said: "It's (Bennett's comments) a reflection of our direction, that it (the party) should be owned by the people, as it is, and not the elites. It's a statement of warning and a statement of advice.
"I speak to Bennett everyday and we share the same views. Nobody in the MDC is happy with the marriage of convenience (government of national unity). It is a strategic necessity rather than an earned luxury."
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 458 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 18 | 488 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 889 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 558 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 689 Views
online | 2013 May 18 | 1998 Views
Gideon Gono | 2013 May 18 | 917 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1831 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 673 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1792 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1628 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2401 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1084 Views
Supersport | 2013 May 18 | 1632 Views
AFP | 2013 May 18 | 2259 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1178 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1273 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 6300 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3032 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 4649 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1354 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 2606 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2667 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1850 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 649 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1646 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1956 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1830 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3441 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1907 Views