Man fell in love with daughter after his wife died
2013 January 02 11:38:36 | 21170 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2693 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2708 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6596 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7378 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5947 views
- Woman kills daughter over 'boyfriends' | 2013 May 08 06:20:17
- Woman strikes 5-year-old step-daughter with a stone on the head | 2013 May 04 02:18:17
- Woman (27) kills stepdaughter for messing her undergarments | 2013 March 26 23:16:40
- Wife catches hubby raping daughter | 2013 March 06 15:45:41
- MDC-T youth leader pledges to give his wife to Mugabe | 2013 March 05 08:03:49
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84137 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45929 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44496 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30252 views
The tormented woman, Patience Dube, told a weekly newspaper that when she looks at her 2-year-old baby, it reminds her of sad memories of her intimacy with the man whom she looked up to as her father.
"This man (step father) has ruined my life. I wish to finish school but it's almost impossible. He has brought shame to my life. I feel like dying. I don't want to set my eyes on him anymore. I can't look at him in the face. I wish the Government would come and take this baby," said the visibly tramautised woman.
A university dropout, Patience recounted how her step-father started sleeping with her since December 2009 after the death of her mother and resulted in the pregnancy. She WILLINGLY agreed to have her identity revealed and appealed for assistance to finish her degree programme in English and African languages.
Ironically, she says her father, severely thumped her a few years ago after a local village herd boy went about spreading rumours that she had been deflowered by a school teacher. The man did not take long before wanting to taste that which he believed a school teacher had deflowered.
"I remember he beat me over a rumour but less than three years later, he started crawling into my blankets. This, he did after the death of my mother in December 2009. He would come for me every time just after I had finished menstruating. I warned him that he was going to get me pregnant but he would not listen," she said.
The woman said at first her father's moves were so irritating and she wanted to report the matter to local traditional leaders but was threatened not to dare.
"Hell broke loose when I fell pregnant. He cautioned me not to inform anybody about the pregnancy. However, one day some relatives who seemed to have learnt of the matter through the grapevine came and demanded to know who was responsible for the pregnancy. He tried to stop them from quizzing me but they overpowered him and locked him into his bedroom hut. They pressurised me until I gave in," she said.
In a telephone interview, the man admitted impregnating his step daughter but said he only slept with her once. He added that he got tempted after his daughter developed the habit of removing her clothes in his presence.
"She attempted to report in 2010 but the case hit a snag after it was proven that she seduced me. We opted to deal with the matter as a family. It was more of an affair but I have to be honest, I don't know what had got into me for having an affair with my daughter," he said.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 632 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 493 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1566 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 978 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1711 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1145 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 1002 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2771 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3664 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2850 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 3088 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1381 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2415 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1034 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1234 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1167 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 982 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 957 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1106 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1526 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 4034 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2030 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 1255 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1324 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1526 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1827 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2228 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1998 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3672 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1962 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2762 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2277 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1382 Views