"My dancing style does not make me a lesser Christian'
2013 February 20 14:37:09 | 4508 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3047 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2846 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6746 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7533 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6104 views
- Sandra Ndebele to juggle carnival and Bulawayo Comes Alive | 2013 May 08 07:45:08
- Atheists more generous than Christians? | 2013 May 01 11:10:26
- Ukuqakatheka kwenkomo kusizwe samaNdebele | 2013 April 21 16:52:33
- Sandra Ndebele speaks out | 2013 April 06 07:41:58
- Let us promote our mother languages | 2013 April 02 15:06:37
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28457 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 15056 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 14098 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11501 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 10098 views
The former Iyasa prodigy told guests at her album launch who included Small and Medium Scale Enterprises minister Sithembiso Nyoni, Zimbabwe Defence Industries (ZDI) chief executive officer colonel Tshinga Dube and the National Council director Elvas Mare that a dancing style does not make her a lesser Christian.
"When I am singing secular music, it does not really mean that I am not a Christian," she said.
"Of course I love my music; I love my culture but if there is anything I don't and I will never forget is the Almighty God."
Sandy, as she is popularly known by her followers, also explained why she named her album No matter What.
"As the title of my new album suggests, I know there are people who will always want to pull you down and say this or that, but I am saying no matter what with God's grace I will prevail," said Sandy to wild applause from the guests.
The celebrated dancer, who joins musicians like Oliver Mtukudzi, Zacharia Zacharia and the late Tongai Moyo in blending gospel and secular music, showed during her glitzy launch that she has added some maturity to her legendary dancing skills.
She first strode onto the stage clad in an elegant diamond-speckled burgundy dress and a matching pair of long shoes.
Sandy opened her act backed by Bulawayo-based gospel acapella ensemble Conquerors 7 who helped her perform three gospel tracks, two of which are from the latest album.
But the show could have been a major disappointment to her fans had Sandy not reverted to her trademark dancing style that has brought her fame and glory.
She returned to the stage for the second stanza of her show clad in skimpy traditional attire but unlike in the past her legs were in leggings.
Two fast-paced songs called Jiva and Bamba Iqolo proved that Sandy could still perform the energy-sapping, shake-and-swirl gyrations.
With her female dancers chanting ‘Sandy, Sandy, Sandy' while she did what she knows best, the guests were left convinced that despite carrying more weight and being a mother of two, she still has lost none of the old touch.
The other highlight of the launch was when popular Harare-based sele dancer Monica Chikasha joined Sandy on stage.
Intombi Zomqangala, an all-female dance group owned by Sandy, sealed off arguably the best album launch ever in Zimbabwe's second largest city.
Sandy's seven-track album, recorded at Dawn Studio in Bulawayo, features South African group who attended the launch, Conquerors 7 and Bulawayo gospel singer Abigail Mwembe.
Tracks on the album are Ubuhle, Bamba Iqolo, Jiva, Abantwana, Love and two gospel tracks Bonga and Satani.
AFP | 2013 May 22 | 343 Views
Delta Milayo Ndou | 2013 May 22 | 412 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 22 | 833 Views
Masowe eChishanu | 2013 May 22 | 891 Views
amnesty.org | 2013 May 22 | 726 Views
New Ziana | 2013 May 22 | 493 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 759 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 890 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1042 Views
Den Moyo | 2013 May 22 | 1689 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2146 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 976 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 1366 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2834 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 2239 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3956 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2344 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2388 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 4279 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1641 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3254 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3536 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2443 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 5455 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1550 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4283 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5248 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2226 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2206 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2120 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2923 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2296 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4343 Views