Edin Dzeko taunts Man Utd after signing for City
2011 January 12 04:28:54 | 7485 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3052 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2852 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6757 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7563 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6112 views
- Tomana wins his war | 2013 May 23 10:02:11
- New Zim constitution can usher in new culture of human rights | 2013 May 22 20:18:17
- Tsvangirai says MDC-T manifesto will change Zimbabwe for better | 2013 May 21 08:57:38
- Headman charged of stealing nine beasts | 2013 May 20 14:51:55
- Alderman Parira Mika Mpofu dies | 2013 May 20 06:26:04
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11171 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 11095 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10565 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10112 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9549 views
The Bosnian joined City from Wolfsburg for a reported fee of £27m last week.
"I have heard a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," the 24-year-old said at a news conference.
Premier League leaders United are two points ahead of City in the table, with two games in hand.
Since billionaire Arab tycoon Sheikh Mansour completed his takeover in 2009, City's spending has eclipsed that of their local rivals at Old Trafford.
City also angered United in the summer of 2009 by displaying a "Welcome to Manchester" poster on completing the transfer of Carlos Tevez from his advisors, the Argentine striker having spent the 2007-08 and 2008-09 campaigns on loan at United, who had deemed an asking price of £25m to be excessive.
United manager Sir Alex Ferguson retorted by branding City a "small club" while later describing them as "noisy neighbours" after his side's controversial 4-3 derby victory in September 2009.
Dzeko's signing is further proof of City's financial clout and the striker added that he was relishing the prospect of playing for a club he believes are well equipped to match his own ambitions.
"I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together," he continued.
"It's a project. I need to say it's a very good team with a very good coach. It was three-and-a-half beautiful years with Wolfsburg and we had a lot of success, winning the league for the first time in our history.
"I was very happy there but I wanted to change, try something new and better and that's why I'm here."
City manager Roberto Mancini hailed the signing of the Bosnian international, who has scored 66 goals in 111 games in Germany, including 10 goals in 17 league games this season.
"I am very happy the club bought Dzeko," Italian Mancini stated. "I think he'll be a very important player for the future of this club.
"We wanted him in the summer because we knew he was the perfect player for us. He is different from the other players we have. Now we have a good mix. I hope he can score a lot of goals like in Germany.
"I think we spoke with him six months ago for the first time. We wanted to know if there was a chance to buy him but we do this now in January.
"It's important because now we are in a good position in the league. With one player like him we can improve in the Premier League and the Europa League. We have more chances in this moment."
Although Dzeko's signing is expected to trigger the departures of fellow strikers Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz, the Bosnian will still form part of an impressive forward unit available to Mancini, alongside Jo, Mario Balotelli and Tevez.
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 73 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 321 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 425 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 547 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 487 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 473 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 343 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1124 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 613 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 1080 Views
Hardlife Zuweni | 2013 May 23 | 527 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 859 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1258 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1288 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1008 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1295 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 1627 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1149 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 785 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1654 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4401 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5402 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2281 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2234 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2129 Views