It seems like Ferguson is the president of England - Tevez
2012 May 17 21:06:23 | 1831 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3052 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2852 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6756 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7561 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6112 views
- Race on to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United | 2013 May 08 12:19:41
- BREAKING NEWS: Sir Alex Ferguson to retire - latest - LIVE | 2013 May 08 20:57:00
- Mourinho linked to Manchester United as Ferguson is expected to quit this week | 2013 May 08 08:27:59
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11170 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 11092 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10565 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10112 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9546 views
The Argentine striker's club have already apologised to the Manchester United boss over the incident.
Tevez said: "It seems like Ferguson is the president of England.
"When he speaks badly about a player, nobody says he has to apologise but when someone comes out with a joke, you have to say sorry. I don't say sorry."
Accusing the United manager of having "said the worst about me" in the past, Tevez added: "There's no relationship at all between me and Ferguson."
The comments, made to reporters in Argentina and carried on the Spanish-language website, www.ole.com.ar, appear to contradict the striker's initially contrite response.
Tevez who joined City in 2009 after leaving United, said at the time: "I got carried away in the excitement of the moment and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to Sir Alex Ferguson, who I admire as a man and a manager."
The sign, passed to the 28-year-old Argentina international by a supporter during Monday's open-top bus parade in Manchester, was thought to refer to a 2009 response by Ferguson, when asked whether United would ever be City's underdogs.
Ferguson had said at the time: "Not in my lifetime".
City apologised for the incident, describing the sign as "tasteless material" and saying Tevez had "made a significant error of judgement" in brandishing it.
United chief executive David Gill applauded the club for the prompt apology, telling Sky Sports News: "It was silly and inappropriate but City acted with commendable speed to say sorry."
Former Boca Juniors and Corinthians forward Tevez moved to English football in 2006, joining West Ham.
After helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League, he moved to United, where he spent two seasons, winning two Premier League trophies and the Champions League.
Tevez was top scorer in each of his first two years at City, but this season was punctuated by a self-imposed spell back in Argentina after an argument with manager Roberto Mancini about his alleged refusal to warm up in a Champions League game with Bayern Munich.
Mancini had said Tevez would not feature for him again but brought him back in for the title run-in.
He impressed on his return to City, scoring four goals in 10 games, and featured in the final-day win over QPR that clinched their maiden Premier League title.
Mancini told BBC Sport this week: "It's not difficult to manage Tevez. He's a good guy. We had a good relationship always.
"I don't know why we had that situation in September but in the end he's a good guy and a fantastic player."
And the striker has now said he could stay at the club months after it looked certain he would never play for City again.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 523 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 309 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 597 Views
Hardlife Zuweni | 2013 May 23 | 283 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 539 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 778 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 987 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 763 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1102 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 1231 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 889 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 611 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 663 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 643 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1152 Views
Pauline Mhuka | 2013 May 23 | 569 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 550 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 589 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1641 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4380 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5364 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2273 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2231 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2128 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2961 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2301 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4368 Views