Nominations for Bosso elections close
2013 January 19 12:18:32 | 2465 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2948 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2816 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6711 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7495 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6077 views
- Zimbabwe's finance assistance request should be directed to Sadc | 2013 May 21 20:16:16
- Zanu-PF buying votes in UZ SRC elections | 2013 May 21 14:32:30
- Bosso's Kaindu under fire for experimenting with the team | 2013 May 21 11:32:39
- MDC-T mayor struck off voters' roll | 2013 May 20 09:48:46
- Elections cannot be held before August 14, says Ncube | 2013 May 20 07:56:19
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11161 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 11041 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10540 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10094 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9516 views
The vice-chairman and treasurer's posts will be contested on 3 February, a week after the club's annual general meeting at Highlanders Clubhouse.
The positions which are not being contested are that of chairman Peter Dube, secretary Andrew Tapela and committee member Charles "Six-One" Moyo who were voted into office last year.
Candidates eyeing the vice-chairman and treasurer's seats have up to 12 noon today to submit their nomination forms.
Incumbent vice-chairman Sikhanyiso Moyo and acting-treasurer Jerry Sibanda have declared that they will contest the positions. Sibanda took over from Odiel Nkomo in October last year after the latter resigned.
A source at the club said candidates would be allowed to attend Monday's verification process.
He could not be drawn into revealing which bona-fide members had picked nomination papers.
"The closing date for submission of all nomination forms is on tomorrow (today) at 12 noon. A number of the club's members have been collecting forms and what I can tell you is that the response has been overwhelming.
"The electoral court will sit on Monday morning and just like in the past, candidates and their representatives will be invited to witness the process," said a board source.
Any aspiring candidate has to be nominated by one club member and also have their nomination form signed by 10 paid up members.
All the members have to be bona-fide Highlanders members whose membership should have been running for at least two years.
In last year's elections, two aspiring executive members - Jabulani Mangwana Tshuma and Mgcini Mpofu had their nomination papers turned down by the electoral court after failing to meet constitutional requirements.
According to a board source, members who will make it past the verification process would be presented to Highlanders' members at next Sunday's annual general meeting.
"After the verification process is done, all the successful candidates will be presented to Highlanders' members during the Sunday's annual general meeting. In last year's elections, two members who were targeting the committee member's position were disqualified and that is Jabulani Mangwana Tshuma and Mgcini Mpofu. They failed to meet the requirements of Article 11.3 of the Highlanders' constitution that states that one has to have 10 supporting signatures whose membership will have been running for at least 24 uninterrupted months.
"During verification process, it was discovered that the two fell short of one supporting member meaning that they got nine out of 10. Those who are vying for positions this year should make sure that they meet the requirements to avoid disappointments," said a board member who spoke on condition of remaining anonymous.
It is the vice-chairman's post that has attracted a number of candidates with former club committee member Wisdom Mabhena, Bulawayo businessman Joel Mahlangu, Frank Moyo, Nkosinathi Ncube and Harare Supporters Association chairman, Mgcini Mpofu, challenging Sikhanyiso.
Charles Nondo is the only one who is reported to have indicated that he is challenging Sibanda.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 883 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 521 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 916 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1007 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1468 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 967 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1350 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 754 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 689 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1714 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4371 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4462 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1590 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3151 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2288 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1913 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2424 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3738 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2645 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 973 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3511 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4424 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1987 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2071 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2057 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2763 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2263 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4175 Views