Gono gives Prophets green light to generate 'miracle money'
2013 February 06 00:36:03 | 5357 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2644 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2679 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6566 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7342 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5922 views
- Gono denies bank takeover | 2013 April 11 09:18:58
- Gono defends Sekeramayi | 2013 April 03 14:27:10
- Gono speaks on gold coins he was accused of stealing from bank's vaults | 2013 April 03 01:00:11
- Jonathan Moyo steps up Gono attack | 2013 March 11 08:58:48
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83971 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45773 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44407 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30179 views
At a Press conference after meeting Prophet Angel and United Family International founder and president Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa in Harare on Tuesday, Dr Gono said such miracles will not affect money supply.
"There is no contradiction between what the Prophets have been doing and the laws of the land. Principally, we were concerned with the misunderstanding concerning laws governing anti-money laundering as well as the prevention of the funding of terrorism," said the central bank chief who was flanked by the two church leaders.
"Following the meeting, we are sure that what the two men of God do is not in violation of any of those rules. There is no violation of the nature we feared. The miracles, signs and wonders of this nature will not result in the growth of the broad money supply. We should, therefore, not expect the liquidity situation of the country to change."
Also speaking at the conference, Prophet Angel said he will not stop performing miracles of a similar nature.
"Why would we stop? I won't stop! God is doing these miracles. Miracle money was a sign that God is able to do greater things. But let it be put on record that we are not trying to make people lazy.
"At our churches, we have business lectures where we try to encourage people to start their own businesses. We are not crazy! We did not say we are creating money. This was merely restoration of what one would have lost.
"For instance, if you lose US$20 in Mutoko, when God restores that money you will get it all back with serial numbers and everything."
Prophet Makandiwa weighed in, saying they will continue to operate within the confines of the law.
"God told His people to go out and heal the sick, raise the dead and cleanse the lepers. He has given us power to do that. But a miracle is genuine when you are genuine yourself," said Prophet Makandiwa.
"Today, we have made ourselves clear on how we operate to the governor. We know there are laws that should be followed and we are determined to do just that.
"Sometimes when we pray things that most people do not understand might happen. These things will continue happening."
Prophet Angel stirred controversy after some of his congregants were said to have inexplicably found money in their pockets and bank accounts following his prophetic declarations.
Equally, several of Prophet Makandiwa's church members also reportedly picked gold dust. Monetary authorities subsequently raised concern that the "miracle money" could be out of step with the law.
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 263 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 386 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 368 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 244 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 242 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 213 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 222 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 430 Views
Harmony Agere | 2013 May 19 | 364 Views
Alex Bell | 2013 May 19 | 224 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 362 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 351 Views
David Magagula | 2013 May 19 | 407 Views
Happymore Sibanda | 2013 May 19 | 330 Views
AFP | 2013 May 19 | 386 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 413 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 263 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 931 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 530 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 496 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3060 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 18 | 1668 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2959 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1269 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1140 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1717 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2068 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1904 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3530 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1937 Views