4 killed in road accidents
2012 June 14 07:33:50 | 2055 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3034 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2841 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6738 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7524 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6100 views
- Accident kills four on the spot | 2013 May 18 16:46:57
- Man dies in a car accident | 2013 May 13 06:08:15
- Car accident kills 5 on the spot, injures 9 | 2013 May 11 07:28:02
- Kombi accident kills 13 Zimbabweans in South Africa | 2013 May 10 14:52:56
- Masvingo-Beitbridge highway accident - four people die | 2013 April 27 00:22:35
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85444 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46652 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45034 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30671 views
Matabeleland North province police spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Siphiwe Makonese said the accidents occurred in Hwange, Tsholotsho and Nkayi districts last week.
She said the first accident involving a haulage truck owned by Mr Samuel Gonongono of Victoria Falls happened on 9 June at the 343km peg along the Bulawayo- Victoria Falls road.
"The driver of the truck, Innocent Ndlovu (40), of House Number 17 Motherwell, Hwange, lost control of the vehicle and it veered off the road and plunged into a trench.
"The driver was trapped inside the horse and died on the spot.
"The passenger on board sustained a small cut on the head and his condition is stable," she said.
Asst Insp Makonese said the second accident occurred on 10 June at the 18km peg along the Tsholotsho-Sikente Road.
She said on approaching the 18km peg, the driver of a Mazda vehicle with eight passengers on board tried to overtake a commuter omnibus from the left lane but lost control of the vehicle.
"The vehicle veered off the road and overturned before landing on the driver's side.
"One passenger died on the spot while the rest were injured in the process and they are admitted at Tsholotsho District Hospital and their condition is stable," said Asst Insp Makonese.
She said the third accident occurred at the 15km peg along the Bulawayo-Nkayi road when a vehicle that was being driven by Siphethangani Mpofu, of Bulawayo, veered off the road and overturned.
"One passenger died on the spot while the other two were seriously injured and were taken to Nkayi District Hospital."
In Plumtree police have arrested a 20-year-old unlicensed driver after he knocked down two pedestrians resulting in one of them dying on the spot on Monday afternoon.
The acting provincial police spokesperson for Matabeleland South, Sergeant Nkosilathi Sibanda said the accident occurred at around 3.45am at the Bulawayo-Plumtree commuter omnibus terminus in Plumtree.
"On the fateful day, Tusanang Ndabalini Dube was driving a Mazda pick-up along Kingsway road in Plumtree and on approaching the Plumtree-Bulawayo commuter omnibus terminus, he lost control of the vehicle and it veered off the road resulting in him knocking down two pedestrians," he said.
One of the pedestrians died on the spot while the other sustained bruises on the cheek. The two were heading towards Dingumuzi Township.
Sgt Sibanda identified the deceased as Kholwani Nyathi (31), of House Number 888, Matendele suburb in Plumtree.
His body was taken to the Plumtree District Hospital mortuary. The injured was also rushed to the same hospital.
"We have since opened a culpable homicide charge against Dube and that of driving without a licence.
"We suspect the driver was speeding which resulted in him failing to control the vehicle hence we continue to urge motorists to exercise caution and adhere to stipulated speed limits when using our roads to avoid the recurrence of such incidents in which lives are lost," said Sgt Sibanda.
Asst Insp Makonese urged drivers to avoid speeding and to take extra caution on the roads.
"All these accidents could have been avoided if the drivers were extra careful. Extra care should be taken all the time when the driver intends to overtake," she said.
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 143 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 491 Views
Den Moyo | 2013 May 22 | 919 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1151 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 400 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 571 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 395 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 828 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2234 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 1891 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3290 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1993 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1984 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3705 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1314 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2784 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3024 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2034 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 4724 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1345 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 2052 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2043 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1308 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2401 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1432 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4142 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5089 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2175 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2176 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2099 Views