Solomon Mujuru Trust Foundation Launched
2012 May 07 03:41:21 | 1236 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2641 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2678 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6566 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7342 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5920 views
- VP Mujuru back from Dubai | 2013 May 02 00:06:52
- Mujuru urges private sector to co-operate with government | 2013 March 23 15:25:41
- Mujuru urges women to be exemplary | 2013 March 22 17:49:50
- VP Mujuru urges treasury to release funds in order to revival industry | 2013 March 15 13:47:12
- Western observers not welcome says Mujuru | 2013 February 24 09:03:32
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83950 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45746 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44375 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30158 views
Mugabe was speaking when he officially launched the Solomon Mujuru Trust Foundation during a memorial service held to pay homage and celebrate the life of Mujuru.
Thousands of people from all walks of life and different political persuasions who included Vice President John Landa Nkomo, Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, Deputy Prime Minister Ms Thokozani Khupe and several, Zanu PF Politburo members thronged Ruzambu Farm in Beatrice for the memorial service, which coincidentally fell on the late Mujuruâ€™s birthday, the 5th of May.
Addressing the gathering, Mugabe said the late Rex Nhongo, as he was popularly known, was a brave and very sharp-minded person, who was sometimes underestimated, due to his simplicity.
Mugabe who earlier inspected the remains of the burnt house in which Mujuru died last year, said the young generation must aspire to achieve what people like the late national hero achieved.
He said no one is perfect and if the late Retired General Mujuru had his weaknesses, but also did many good things and left a legacy of self sacrifice.
Mugabe said the Commander of Commanders was a fearless nationalist and consistent cadre who sacrificed his life for the liberation of Zimbabwe.
He further explained that the late Retired General Mujuru remained firm even in 1977 when the armed struggle intensified and many gave up, or betrayed the revolution.
Mugabe also narrated how closely he worked with the late retired General in Mozambique and how his strategies kept them well informed and alert to what was going on during the struggle. He also talked about the late Mujuruâ€™s passion for farming.
Mugabe consoled Vice President Mujuru and the Mujuru family saying Mai Mujuru deserves an award for the most patient woman in marriage.
After his speech, Mugabe officially launched the Solomon Mujuru Trust Foundation.
The Minister of State in Vice President Mujuruâ€™s Office, Dr Sylvester Nguni read a citation of the aims and objectives of the Solomon Mujuru Foundation.
Dr Nguni also announced a nine member board of trustees comprising Robert Mugabe as patron and board members Joel Mujuru, Vice President Joice Mujuru, Retired Colonel Tshinga Dube, Father Fidelis Mukonori, Mrs Busi Chindove, Kumbirai Rungano Mujuru, Mr Peter Lobel and Ambassador Margaret Muchada.
Born in Chivhu in 1955, Mujuru joined the liberation movement in 1966, only to be imprisoned at Khami.
On his release in 1968, he fled to Botswana and travelled to Zambia and later to the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republic, Bulgaria, Egypt and Tanzania for military training.
The late Retired General Solomon Mujuru died on the 15th of August 2011 and was declared a national hero. He lies buried at the national shrine.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1593 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 18 | 1005 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1825 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 870 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1046 Views
online | 2013 May 18 | 2543 Views
Gideon Gono | 2013 May 18 | 1115 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2153 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 849 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2167 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1911 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2774 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1290 Views
Supersport | 2013 May 18 | 1953 Views
AFP | 2013 May 18 | 2580 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1360 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1485 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 6619 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3235 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 4952 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1451 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 2756 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2900 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1994 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 854 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1684 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2020 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1869 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3485 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1927 Views