Eleven cattle die from lethal chemical from Judge's farm
2011 February 04 06:37:37 | 775 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3098 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2873 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6787 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7603 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6133 views
- Supreme Court begins complying with the new Constitution | 2013 May 23 23:33:57
- Mugabe appoints 2 judges to Supreme Court | 2013 May 23 06:27:33
- Bid to evict pregnant wife thrown away by the Court | 2013 May 20 06:41:08
- Woman bashes friend for demanding debt | 2013 May 19 07:59:53
- Man (27) accused of killing 10-year-old Rugare girl appears in court | 2013 May 18 13:02:00
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85974 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46922 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45307 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30844 views
Justice Cheda said he had found two 20-litre containers of a chemical in one of the storerooms when he moved into the farm some time last year and he instructed his employees to destroy them. The farm was previously owned by Mr Bret Enslin.
Eleven cattle died after being dipped in the very lethal chemical which was acquired from Khulumani Moyo, an employee at Justice Cheda's farm. Eight of the cattle belonged to Mr Mica Moyo and the other three to Ms Regina Nyathi.
Justice Cheda said he suspected the workers could have given villagers a dangerous chemical that he had instructed them to destroy.
"Two weeks ago, I specifically instructed my workers at the farm to dig a hole and dispose of the chemical but it seems they disobeyed that and decided to give it to some people. It is so sad to have my neighbours lose their cattle in such a way."
Moyo said he received the so-called dipping chemical some time last week from his relative, Mr Norman Dube. He said he dipped his cattle on Friday and on Saturday morning found seven of them dead and the other one died on Sunday.
"I got this chemical sometime last week from Norman Dube who said he got it from Khulumani Moyo, an employee at Justice Cheda's farm," said Mr Moyo.
"Not knowing that it was poison, I used the chemical to dip 12 beasts on Friday only to receive the shock of my life to find seven of them dead the following morning."
"They all have bloody diarrheoa and are discharging a whitish fluid in their mouth and nose. I fear they might die as well."
Ms Regina Nyathi, who dipped three head of cattle, said she found Mr Moyo dipping his cattle and requested that hers be treated as well.
The next day all three of them died.
"Where will I get other cattle? The source of this poisonous chemical should compensate us," fumed Ms Nyathi.
Justice Cheda's worker, Mr Khulumani Moyo, confirmed he had been instructed to dispose of the chemical but said Mr Norman Ndlovu insisted he wanted it.
"We did not know it was poison. When we were about to dispose of it, Ndlovu came and requested to have it and we gave him not knowing it was lethal."
Mr Dube admitted he gave the chemical to Mr Moyo sometime last week.
"Khulumani wanted to dispose of the chemical and I took one of the containers thinking it was a dipping chemical.
"I gave Mr Moyo two litres and sold 7,5 litres to Mr Nimrod Ndlovu," he said.
Mr Ndlovu could not be reached for comment.
The remaining chemical is at Figtree Police Station and the cattle carcasses have been buried in a deep hole about eight kilometres from the village.
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 620 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 331 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 409 Views
Nomalanga Moyo | 2013 May 23 | 123 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 942 Views
Mkhululi Mthunzi | 2013 May 23 | 716 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 23 | 1531 Views
Soccer Laduma | 2013 May 23 | 987 Views
Financial Express | 2013 May 23 | 1043 Views
Velempini Ndlovu | 2013 May 23 | 1310 Views
ZUPA Team. | 2013 May 23 | 928 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 3622 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 23 | 780 Views
Vince Musewe | 2013 May 23 | 1031 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 2119 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 2390 Views
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 1971 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3541 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3779 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3989 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3244 Views
Njabulo Ncube | 2013 May 23 | 3359 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3979 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 2309 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2387 Views
BangShowBiz | 2013 May 23 | 1663 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 763 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1081 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1874 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4612 Views