MDC-T's reasons to vote YES for the constitution
2013 February 20 17:21:15 | 3475 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3052 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2852 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6756 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7561 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6112 views
- New Constitution now law of the land; let's finish it Zimbabwe | 2013 May 22 16:59:12
- Mugabe has signed constitution into law | 2013 May 22 16:03:58
- Mugabe to sign new Constitution into law today | 2013 May 22 06:25:08
- Constitution awaits Mugabe's signature | 2013 May 15 09:10:54
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85601 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46730 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45091 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30729 views
1. There is devolution of power and responsibilities to lower tiers of government and especially to the provincial tiers of government.
2.The President has a limited term of office of a maximum of two five year terms. Other key officers of the state including commanders of security services, permanent secretaries, the clerk of parliament also have limited terms of office.
3. Dual or multiple citizenship is guaranteed in respect of all Zimbabwean citizens by birth. Multiple or dual citizenship is allowed in respect of Zimbabwean citizens by descent and registration although this may be prohibited by an act of parliament.
4. The people formerly commonly referred to as aliens, who were born in Zimbabwe but of parents from the SADC region are now Zimbabweans by birth and as such they are entitled to vote or be voted for.
5. All Zimbabwean citizens irrespective of circumstance are entitled to vote and are entitled to free and fair elections without any form of violence and other electoral malpractices
6. All Zimbabwean workers, including civil servants have a right to fair and reasonable wages, as well as fair and safe labour standards and practices.
7. All Zimbabwean workers including civil servants have the right to collective bargaining for the determination of their wages and other conditions of service.
8. There is now an independent National Prosecuting Authority in charge if all criminal prosecutions meaning that the Attorney General being legal advisor to government no longer has prosecuting powers.
9. All security services are under the constitution and subject to parliamentary oversight. Members of security services cannot be members of political parties. They are not allowed to further or prejudice the interests of a political party or cause and shall observe fundamental rights and freedoms.
10. There is now a National Peace and Reconciliation Commission which among other things deals with post conflict justice healing and reconciliation.
11. Every Zimbabwean is entitled to free basic education.
12. The elderly are entitled to reasonable care and assistance, health care and medical assistance, and social security and welfare from the state.
13. Every child is entitled among other things to the provision of a birth certificate, education, health care services, nutrition and shelter. They may not be recruited into any militia.
14. The veterans of the liberation struggle include those who fought in the war of liberation and those who assisted the fighters, detainees and restrictees. As such they are entitled to recognition and suitable welfare such as pension and access to basic health care.
15. The people living with disabilities are now entitled to the means to make them more self reliant and to state funded education and treatment when they need it.
16. There is now established a Constitutional Court which among other things deals with the protection of the people against human rights abuses.
17. Every Zimbabwean person has freedom from torture, cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment or punishment.
18. Every person has the right to personal security and has freedom from all forms of violence. Further every person has the right to privacy and against any entry or search of their homes property or premises.
19. All elections are going to be held in the last month of the Presidential term meaning that the election period has been made certain.
20. The Anti Corruption commission can direct the Commissioner General of police to investigate and act on alleged corruption and when so ordered the Commissioner General of police shall obey the directive.
A New Constitution: A New Zimbabwe. Vote YES!!
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 444 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 271 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 530 Views
Hardlife Zuweni | 2013 May 23 | 255 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 474 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 697 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 950 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 724 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1057 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 1178 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 850 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 588 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 634 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 617 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1111 Views
Pauline Mhuka | 2013 May 23 | 549 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 538 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 579 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 572 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 425 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 607 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1483 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1800 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2141 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1641 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4378 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5359 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2272 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2230 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2128 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2961 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2301 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4367 Views