Independence Without Freedom, Without Peace - 21st Movement
2012 April 03 04:24:10 | 1143 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2791 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2770 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6664 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7450 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6012 views
- South Africa's Freedom Day | 2013 May 16 08:29:21
- Zanu-PF chickens out of football for peace matches | 2013 May 10 09:50:22
- 'Freedom of City' issue to be discussed in today's council meeting | 2013 May 08 06:44:00
- MDC-T solidarity message on World Press Freedom Day | 2013 May 02 19:10:55
- Zimbabwe @ 33:- Nationalism that will not die | 2013 April 20 12:35:30
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84634 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46235 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44719 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30422 views
The 21st Movement is seized with efforts to put pressure on South African President Jacob Zuma and SADC to enforce the implementation of the Global Political Agreement (GPA) in Zimbabwe, which has been stalled by Zanu (PF)'s refusal to implement agreed reforms and pave the way to Free, Fair and Indisputable elections.
In fact Zanu (PF) is stealthily completing its local restructuring and preparing for its district elections, thereby stoking fears that President Mugabe is planning surprise by-elections in order to gauge the mood, then to follow this up with national elections after realigning the violence machinery as they did in 2008.
MDC President Morgan Tsvangirai who met his UK officials in London last week, rejected this possibility, saying it was no longer possible for Gushungo (Mugabe) to call elections without the concurrence of his coalition partner in the Government of National Unity.
He no longer has those Constitutional powers, but he is trying to please hawks in his party who fear to lose elections and are insisting on holding elections without the reforms that have been identified by the SADC as necessary for violence-free elections.
Already political violence has escalated in the country and Prime Minister Tsvangirai said if Mugabe insisted on holding violent elections, the result would simply not be recognized by SADC, nor by the AU, nor the rest of the World. The constitution has to be completed and ratified, and the SADC conditions for free and fair election have to be met, including institutional, media and security reform.
The 21st Movement is demanding that President Zuma make a public statement that he, as the SADC Facilitator is not going to allow the holding of elections in Zimbabwe which do not meet the SADC standards.
In Washington DC last month, protestors talked to the Deputy Chief of Mission Mr. Jonny Moloto who advised that he would be arranging a meeting for us with Ambassador Ibrahim Rasool to get feedback on their petition and subsequent letters to President Jacob Zuma.
This month all MDC-USA Districts will all converge in Washington DC for a combined demonstration at the SA Embassy on Massachusetts Av.
The demonstration will be followed by a dinner fundraiser to commemorate the day that should have brought independence to Zimbabwe but has instead brought untold suffering to the masses. The occasion will be graced by the inspiring MDC Organising Secretary, Nelson Chamisa.
In London, the chairman of the MDC Midlands South, Pepukayi Gonese, and his branches are ready to spearhead a memorable demonstration for the South Africans, at their London Embassy and he has invited all other UK districts and branches to attend.
In Australia, the co-ordinator, Paul Kaplan, who is also Convener of Zimbabwe Information Centre (Western Australia), said last month they brought the issue to South African Honorary Consul who referred the issue to the South African High Commissioner in Canberra, Ms Koleka Mqulwana.
The High Commissioner has already received large numbers of letters and emails from supporters of democracy in Zimbabwe as part of the campaign Down Under. Around Independence Weekend Zimbabweans in Australia are also planning their biggest action to date.
So far we have bloodied the nose of the dictator, let's see how many more rounds he can endure before the proverbial TKO.
International opinion is building up against the regime, despite its canny attempts to project a semblance of normalcy, but we know that youth militias are being recruited, and democracy activist are disappearing, including another one only this week.
In Round 4 the 21st Movement will focus on what true Independence means as opposed to the mockery that is celebrated by Zanu PF on April 18.
- Freedom of assembly, demonstration, picketing and petitioning.
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media.
- Freedom from torture or inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- Freedom of association
- Freedom of choice
- Equality and non-discrimination
- Right to life
- Right to personal liberty
- Right to human dignity
- Equality and non-discrimination
- Right to privacy
- Political rights
32 years of depriving Zimbabweans is enough, so we are declaring this day our Independence Day - Independence from Zanu (PF) manipulating our votes, Independence from Zanu (PF) stealing our votes, Independence from Zanu (PF) running our lives.
Source: Chairman of the 21st Free Zimbabwe Global Protest Movement
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 88 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 279 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 585 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 894 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 737 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 571 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 788 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 294 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 390 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 432 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 399 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 429 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 299 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 765 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1083 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 649 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2203 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 940 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1228 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 1681 Views
Gift Phiri | aljazeera.com | 2013 May 20 | 4347 Views
Fuyane, Lovemore | 2013 May 20 | 3316 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 20 | 2748 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 5601 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2358 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1576 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1870 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2005 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2575 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2194 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4018 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 2047 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2895 Views