Mugabe's ally confronted for murder
2013 February 27 09:33:51 | 5009 Views
Didymus Mutasa, the ZANU PF secretary for administration - See more at: http://www.swradioafrica.com/2013/02/07/mutasa-cracking-down-on-political-opponents-in-constituency/#sthash.cpVue1Bd.dpuf
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2880 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2793 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6692 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7473 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6053 views
- Security guard murdered while on duty, culprits escape with $4,000 | 2013 April 16 06:31:50
- Teen kills and robs grandfather so he could buy shoes, cellphone & tattoos | 2013 March 31 22:14:49
- Man kills his mother after she refused to give him money for narcotics | 2013 March 31 13:00:10
- Teacher beats to death two primary school children | 2013 March 30 14:39:59
- Man intent on killing own brother mistakenly shoots and kills friend | 2013 March 30 11:23:28
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84926 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46407 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44843 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30517 views
Cabinet meetings are closed to the media. But some ministers who spoke on condition of anonymity said the issue of the Headlands tragedy was first brought up by Jameson Timba from the Prime Minister's officer, saying it was politically motivated.
The sources told SW Radio Africa that Finance Minister Tendai Biti then 'spoke with more flesh' and fingered Didymus Mutasa, the Zanu-PF MP for Headlands.
Biti is said to have gone prepared with laminated graphic pictures of the charred body of Christpower Simbarashe Maisiri, who died in the fire on Saturday. Biti reportedly told the shocked ministers that he was showing the full cabinet the pictures of the horrific attack on one of his party's members so that 'no one can hide behind ignorance'.
Mutasa, who is also the Zanu-PF secretary for administration and Minister of State for Presidential Affairs, tried to deny any involvement but Biti and others are said to have challenged him about why cases of politically motivated violence seem to be take place more in his area.
Minister of Economic Planning and Investment Promotion Elton Mangoma is said to have also challenged Mutasa to a joint public meeting where the government ministers can speak about peace.
But some Zanu-PF ministers fought back, with Information Minister Webster Shamu blaming the disturbance on outside forces with an 'imperialist agenda' who he said were trying to portray his party in a bad light as the country prepares for elections.
Education Minister David Coltart reportedly told Cabinet that what was happening in the country, where people are arrested for owning radios and for registering to vote, is a reflection of the poison in Zimbabwean society.
Prime Minister Tsvangirai appealed for peace and is said to have told his Zanu-PF counterparts that 'no one has a retributive agenda'.
"He told them that they did not have to go to the lengths of killing people to stay in power because they have nothing to fear," said the source.
Ministers called on the police to investigate the atrocities and to be more objective. - SW Radio
Source: SW Radio
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 874 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2909 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2958 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1083 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2105 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 1535 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1288 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1816 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 2865 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2321 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4776 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1471 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2100 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1693 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2169 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2330 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1561 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2645 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2258 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1764 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2468 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1072 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1451 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1336 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 588 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2915 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 3945 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1847 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1986 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2030 Views