Division rocks Mugabe's Zanu-PF
2013 January 07 15:41:41 | 2916 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2730 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2731 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6628 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7405 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5970 views
- Zanu-PF team not on a witch hunt, claims Khaya Moyo | 2013 May 17 06:49:47
- Zanu-PF Masvingo wars intensify | 2013 May 15 09:11:13
- Battle lines drawn in Zanu-PF | 2013 May 07 08:42:07
- Zanu-PF fails to pay workers | 2013 May 06 08:55:43
- President Zuma must not tolerate Zanu-PF's crazy games: Dube | 2013 May 01 00:16:57
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84387 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46080 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44621 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30341 views
The youths snubbed the meeting citing the attendance of ousted youth chairperson Tendai Mukodza as one of the reasons.
The youths have vowed not to work with Madiro if he disregards the vote-of-no-confidence on Mukodza who they accuse of misappropriating youths funds meant for projects.
The vote-of-no-confidence was passed last month at a meeting at Forestry Industries Training College, FITC just outside Mutare near Penhalonga.
Sources within the party told the Daily News on Sunday yesterday that among those that absconded the meeting were incumbent Manicaland provincial youth chairperson Kelvin Manyengavana, his deputy Felistas Dumba, Mubuso Chinguno who is the secretary for administration, Chaita Mhlanga the secretary for finance and Lovemore Chibvura, who is the secretary for commissariat.
Insiders said the provincial executive meeting is supposed to be attended by the top five executive members from the youth wing, five representatives from the women's league and 34 members of the main wing in the province.
A Zanu-PF youth who spoke on condition of anonymity said Madiro failed to act constitutionally by trying to deliberate on the issue to do with the deposed Mukodza.
"Madiro's mandate and that of the provincial executive is not to discuss youth issues but to organise public meetings for the party, organise rallies and implementing party policies," he said.
The youth said they had been annoyed by Madiro's attitude to disregard their decisions.
Incumbent youth chairperson, Kelvin Manyengavana confirmed the youths had boycotted the Madiro meeting.
"The youth league is not going to reverse what was done constitutionally in order to please any elements outside the youth league. Corruption and nepotism must be condemned with the contempt they deserve. We want to tell everyone that ‘hands off the youth league'," said Manyengavana, who was in the company of his executive members.
When contacted for comment, Mukodza was unwilling to speak about the matter and only said: "I am not allowed to comment on that."
Madiro refused to comment as well when contacted for a comment yesterday. Zanu-PF youths in Manicaland province accuse Mukodza of misappropriating an undisclosed amount of funds meant to benefit them under the "Upfumi Kuvadiki" programme.
On December 20, last year soon after the party's Gweru conference, the youths staged a bloodless coup and passed a vote of no confidence in Mukodza, who in turn has refused to step down and insists he has done nothing wrong.
Source: Daily News
Business reporter | 2013 May 20 | 49 Views
Gift Phiri | aljazeera.com | 2013 May 20 | 561 Views
Fuyane, Lovemore | 2013 May 20 | 508 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 20 | 510 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 3025 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 850 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1850 Views
Aljazeera | 2013 May 20 | 1091 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2249 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1332 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1790 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1930 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 679 Views
Augustine Hwata | 2013 May 20 | 1226 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1768 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2535 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2722 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1454 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1368 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1072 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1386 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1677 Views
Agencies | 2013 May 20 | 1021 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 20 | 2215 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 935 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1697 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1915 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2411 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2093 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3820 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1991 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2825 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2300 Views