Finance minister challenges prophets Makandiwa and Angel to 'produce' $10 billion
2013 January 05 03:03:03 | 8521 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2756 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2744 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6644 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7423 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5987 views
- Prophet Makandiwa converts 18,000 sinners in just a week | 2013 May 17 11:17:05
- Zanu-PF youths acquitted on charges of threatening to beat up Biti | 2013 May 17 05:55:21
- Makandiwa's church on 'a shoe-string budget' | 2013 May 16 09:05:39
- 'Biti lied to the nation about police collecting $2 million from roadblocks' - ZRP | 2013 May 13 09:32:12
- Prophet Uebert Angel donates brand new Range Rover | 2013 May 12 10:09:21
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84483 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46158 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44662 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30375 views
This follows claims that Prophet Angel enables congregants to "miraculously" receive money in their pockets and bank accounts.
Prophet Makandiwa is on record as saying he can assist people to amass material wealth.
"I respect the men of God, Angel and Makandiwa because of the miracles they are performing. But if they are printing real money, I am asking them to deposit the money in our (Treasury) account at CBZ so that we can pay some of our arrears," said Minister Biti.
He said he would not comment on the implications of this "miracle money" to the United States Federal Reserve because it had not been officially confirmed that it was happening.
"I have no knowledge of that (miracle money) happening. I have never known it to happen, so I can't comment on hearsay and speculation.
"However, on a lighter note, I want to tell these men of God that we have $10,1 billion external debt and $260 million local arrears. We also need $200 million for the referendum. So if they are printing real money, I would be grateful if they can deposit it in our account so that we can settle these debts."
It was reported that Prophet Angel delivered miracle money to congregants at the Botswana miracle night crusade recently and at the crossover night at City Sports Centre in Harare.
In one of his sermons on Youtube, Prophet Angel told congregants in South Africa that he started prophesying when he was in Grade Two when he was seven years old.
He said if people could not explain how Peter found money in the fish's mouth as instructed by Jesus then they could not question how miracle money was found.
The bank, Prophet Angel said, had no records of how the fish found the money.
Prophet Angel said his bank account had been credited with large sums of money on several occasions after praying.
He said this happened because he believed in God and instructed automated teller machines to give him cash despite the fact that his bank account was in the negative.
Prophet Angel said money answered all problems as mentioned in the Bible.
He said people who criticised the miracles were poor, adding that poverty made people jealous.
However, leaders of other churches have questioned how this miracle money was being made.
Secretary general for Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference Father Fredrick Chiromba was quoted in the media as saying it was the duty of the State to regulate on financial matters and to consider whether the "miracle money" complied with financial systems of the country.
Apostle Patrick Zimba of Kairos International Ministries said money was owned by central banks all over the world and every note had a serial number.
He said it was not clear whether the "miracle money" had serial numbers.
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 395 Views
Gift Phiri | aljazeera.com | 2013 May 20 | 2606 Views
Fuyane, Lovemore | 2013 May 20 | 1981 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 20 | 1570 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 4210 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 1163 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2629 Views
Aljazeera | 2013 May 20 | 1516 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 3212 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1866 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2455 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2628 Views
Augustine Hwata | 2013 May 20 | 1560 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2230 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 3207 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 3369 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1828 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1748 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1310 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1743 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2079 Views
Agencies | 2013 May 20 | 1277 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 20 | 2623 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2006 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1156 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1741 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1952 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2482 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2122 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3874 Views