'Witch' caught on top of a house, demanding human flesh
2012 August 19 10:58:46 | 3907 Views
- Elderly woman, daughter-in-law accused of 'witchcraft' beaten to death | 2013 June 18 10:34:10
- Suspected witch bashed to death | 2013 June 07 12:45:35
- Teacher commits suicide after accusing his family of witchcraft | 2013 May 31 06:23:51
- Woman confesses to practising witchcraft and owning 10 goblins | 2013 May 26 09:13:24
- Witchcraft scare as naked woman visits in broad day light | 2013 May 17 10:48:02
- Witches flying broomsticks above 150 metres to be arrested and fined R500k | 2013 May 14 06:06:50
The Mbare Magistrates' courtyard on Thursday came to a standstill when a suspected witch started behaving strangely and refused to enter the courtroom in police handcuffs.
The 'witch', Christabel Rwodzi (21), of Mhuriro Village under Chief Murambwa in Mhondoro, was found naked on top of a house in Sunningdale last week. At first, she refused to disembark from the police van that ferried her to court as she appeared to be in a trance.
The State is alleging that when she besieged the Sunningdale house belonging to one Aaron Maforo (52) she demanded to EAT his (Marafo's) late grandfather's flesh. She is facing a charge of Criminal Trespass and she was meant to appear before magistrate Rueben Mukavhi. Magistrate Mukavhi had to remand her in absentia under the Mental Health Act to 28 August for trial after she displayed behaviour that compelled the magistrate to question her sanity.
Allegations are that on 14 August, at around 12am, Aaron was asleep in his house when he heard some foot steps on top of the roof. He then went out to investigate accompanied by his son and failed to identify the source of the noise on the roof.
Further allegations are that Christabel then threw bricks at the duo forcing them to scurry for cover. State counsel Lawrence Gangarahwe is alleging that Aaron and his son then saw Christabel and ordered her to come down the roof.
It took her 15 minutes, it is alleged, and when asked to explain her conduct she claimed she was of Greek origin and was looking for Trish who is Aaron's late grandfather. She allegedly told them that she was a Greek and she was looking for Trish whose flesh she wanted to eat.
Residents then thronged the house and mobbed Christabel who was still naked.
Most Read Stories
- Dead woman returns home in tattered clothes after her burial | 18826 views
- Baba Jukwa predicts the fall of Jonathan Moyo | 18649 views
- SA Cop caught on camera having sex, suspended | 17905 views
- Baba Jukwa promises to reveal more Zanu-PF dark secrets | 15301 views
- Pastor impregnates 6 married women from his church | 14689 views
- Boy (16) gets stuck while having sex with a married woman | 12551 views
Read more from iBlog:
Sports reporter | 2013 June 19 | 586 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 763 Views
Sapa | 2013 June 19 | 566 Views
BBC | 2013 June 19 | 456 Views
Reuters | 2013 June 19 | 799 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 919 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 408 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 968 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 642 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 754 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1601 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1236 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1573 Views
Fin24 | 2013 June 19 | 709 Views
Violet Gonda | 2013 June 19 | 1006 Views
Nomalanga Moyo | 2013 June 19 | 1185 Views
Finx | 2013 June 19 | 781 Views
Finx | 2013 June 19 | 522 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 583 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 June 19 | 1315 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1570 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1917 Views
Thabo Mlilo | 2013 June 19 | 1886 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 2348 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 901 Views
guardian.co.uk | 2013 June 19 | 1722 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1596 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1265 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 18 | 2737 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 18 | 1563 Views