No to dual citizenship says Zanu-PF
2012 August 17 16:46:16 | 2737 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2808 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2776 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6668 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7459 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6021 views
- Constitution awaits Mugabe's signature | 2013 May 15 09:10:54
- Constitutional Bill sails through Senate with amendments | 2013 May 15 05:55:17
- IMPORTANT Voter & Citizenship Info for Zimbabwe-born residents with SADC parents | 2013 May 09 22:02:00
- Tsvangirai's position to cease when a new govt is sworn in | 2013 April 11 09:16:51
- Lawyer warns of looming constitutional crisis | 2013 April 02 08:42:48
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84701 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46273 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44743 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30442 views
Briefing journalists after the meeting this Thursday, the Zanu-PF Secretary for Information and Publicity, Rugare Gumbo said his party has rejected dual citizenship saying only descendants of parents or grandparents of people who are Zimbabweans by birth can be considered as citizens of this country.
A political analyst, Goodson Nguni, said by rejecting the concept of dual citizenship Zanu PF was protecting Zimbabwe's revolution and its gains and ensuring that the same values that the liberation struggle was fought for are not eroded through the constitution.
He noted that if the concept had been adopted Rhodesians would be able to vote and derail the gains of the struggle.
"It is good that the concept of dual citizenship was rejected. You cannot have people with divided loyalty. The Rhodesians will come back and claim this country," he said.
National Constitutional Assembly chairperson, Professor Lovemore Madhuku said the concept of running mate never came from the people, but was adopted by negotiators from the Americans who have such a system.
He said, "We held our meeting with people and they never said they wanted the running mate. It was a creation of the negotiators and it is good that it was removed."
The Politburo also said no to homosexuality and same sex marriages.
The Politburo has also said no to the separation of the Attorney-General and prosecuting powers and suggested that the Attorney-General retains the power to prosecute and that he should remain a cabinet member and have a place in parliament.
The party proposed that the office of the Ombudsman, who is the public protector, should remain.
Turning to the issue of the Constitutional Court, the Politburo said it should be instituted under the Supreme Court and that it should be staffed by the same judges of the Supreme Court.
The issue of a running mate has been removed.
On succession, the Politburo says that he or she should be chosen from the party of the former President.
The proposed amendments by the Politburo have also abolished the land commission.
The proposed amendments will now be put up for discussion by the principals in the Global Political Agreement who will decide and pave the way for the second All-Stakeholders meeting and the referendum.
The analysis and amendment process saw the Politburo meeting four times in the last two months with some of the meetings going well into the early hours of the next day.
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 762 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1557 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 555 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 801 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 601 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 784 Views
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 428 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 1084 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 921 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 1518 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1326 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1002 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1361 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 523 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 768 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 758 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 694 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 731 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 496 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1394 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1428 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 826 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2674 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1076 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 698 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2880 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1655 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1892 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2014 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2617 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2210 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4041 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 2054 Views