Chiyangwa duped of US$3 million
2012 August 12 09:59:59 | 3370 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2791 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2770 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6664 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7450 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6012 views
- Chiyangwa's futile 'megaphone politics' | 2013 May 06 07:47:49
- Zimbabwe, a country of 'Gold and Glamour' with Chiyangwa | 2013 April 24 06:47:43
- Chiyangwa splashes US$1m on Rolls | 2013 April 17 10:54:34
- 1 000 lose property to Dr Chiyangwa | 2013 April 04 09:09:02
- Chiyangwa gets his honorary doctorate from the Phillipines | 2013 April 04 07:56:49
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84628 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46234 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44719 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30418 views
Flamboyant business mogul and entertainer Philip Chiyangwa is believed to have been fleeced of US$3 million after his consulting engineer allegedly misrepresented the cost of buildÂing materiÂals and services for variÂous construction projects.
The Zimbabwe Association of ConsulÂtancy Engineers (Zace) has since opened investigations.
Mr Chiyangwa said he was shocked by the theft.
"I am the victim here and asking me to comment is putting me in a tight spot," he said.
"These people have been stealing my money for the past four years, inflating bills of quantities and, at times, payment figures.
"Speaking to the Press will not help much in recovering my lost investments. All I can say is the engineer is a very dangerous engiÂneer."
Information gathered last week indicates Mr Chiyangwa â€” through his property vehicle, Pinnacle Holdings â€” engaged a construction company known as Tarcon to develop some of his properties and appointed the consulting engineer.
Businessman Mr Supa Mandiwanzira is board chairman of the firm. It is understood the engineer (name withheld) connived with some Tarcon employees to inflate the bills of items required at the properties.
They would then, it is alleged, purchase the material at much lower prices and pocket the difference.
The matter only came to light after a TarÂcon audit. The firm has since requested Zace to de-register the engineer. Mr Chiyangwa said he was willing to assist with investigaÂtions, adding that he has already repossessed a vehicle the engineer was using.
The engineer could not be reached for comment.
Mr Mandiwanzira would not be drawn into commenting yesterday, referring all questions to group managing director Mr Lawrence Gudo.
Mr Gudo said: â€œWe have written a letter to Zace complaining after we realised (the engineer) was billing us for the same servÂices that he was billing Pinnacle Holdings for.
"We are investigating the matter as we are convinced he was working with some of our employees to break principles of engineerÂing.
"He was double dipping. We will do everyÂthing we can to recover our losses."
He added that a high-ranking official had resigned over the matter. The company, however, refused to accept his resignation letter until investigations are concluded.
Zace president Engineer Peter Rix said the matter was due for a hearing.
â€œThat case is before the disciplinary comÂmittee. There is nothing much I can tell you about it at the moment, though,â€ he said.
Engineering Council of Zimbabwe chief executive officer Eng Ben Rafemoyo said: â€œWe are the regulating board of the council and we have the last word on whether to suspend, penalise or de-register engineers.
â€œAs it stands, we have not yet received the matter, but when we do, we will act without any fear or favour, according to laid-down proceÂdures.â€
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 12 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 108 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 494 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 766 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 613 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 459 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 679 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 228 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 316 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 352 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 325 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 356 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 237 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 649 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1014 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 622 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2150 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 916 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1204 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 1654 Views
Gift Phiri | aljazeera.com | 2013 May 20 | 4323 Views
Fuyane, Lovemore | 2013 May 20 | 3284 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 20 | 2724 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 5580 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2283 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1570 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1868 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2002 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2573 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2192 Views