New Zim budget airline to be launched
2012 August 03 13:53:16 | 2323 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2914 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2806 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6702 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7483 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6068 views
- Another airline joins the Zimbabwe route | 2013 April 30 06:13:38
- Zimbabwe licences 30 local airlines | 2013 April 09 08:21:23
- More than ten aspiring local airlines fail to take off | 2013 April 09 05:46:33
- At least 8 airlines will ferry UNWTO guests | 2013 March 27 08:14:21
- Big Brother winner sues Zimbabwean airline | 2013 March 20 09:05:21
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85014 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46459 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44879 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30538 views
As part of the initial agreement, 1time will cease its current Livingstone route in favour of flights between Johannesburg and Victoria Falls, which will subsequently become a Fresh Air operation. The JV encompasses 1time utilising its fleet of aircraft to serve the route, while Fresh Air provides the licences to operate in Zimbabwe.
Further, both airlines will initially cooperate in a wide range of operational and commercial facets, including the provision of aircraft and crew, as well as administrative functions such as revenue management and revenue accounting.
Fresh Air and 1time have completed the Civil Aviation Authority regulatory demonstration flight from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg to Harare International Airport, before flying to Victoria Falls and then back to Johannesburg.
Blacky Komani, CEO of 1time Airline says that this newly found agreement with Fresh Air provides an opportunity for both companies to take advantage of the fact that Africa is the only continent where the low-cost carrier model is yet to take flight with regional destinations.
"Our partnership with Fresh Air is simple; we share our experience and infrastructure in the aviation industry while Fresh Air launches Zimbabwe's first low-cost carrier, with licences to operate the underserviced domestic market and various regional routes to be announced in the near future. In doing so, Fresh Air are creating jobs and building a foundation for a sustainable business."
Chakanyuka Karase, CEO of Fresh Air says that the airline's entry into the market and strategic partnership with 1time will provide a real opportunity to stimulate domestic and regional air travel ahead of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) for Zimbabwe.
"The entry of a low-cost carrier in Zimbabwe has great potential, and we are proud to have launched into this partnership with 1time, who already has palpable successes in the no-frills market. We have absolutely no doubt that this business model will succeed as it is exactly what our emerging economy needs to maintain sustainability, and is an efficient way to connect families, businesses and tourist destinations."
1time will have a short term dispensation to operate aircraft on the ZS register, while executing a migration to Zimbabwean registered and crewed operation. This process will be carried out within a year.
Komani concludes that the agreement ultimately furthers growth and development in Africa.
"Our joint venture not only demonstrates that we foster successful cross-border partnerships, but that together we contribute to regional growth in Africa by providing people with additional travel options at affordable prices."
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 573 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1030 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 750 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1041 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 557 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 497 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1482 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3958 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3935 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1491 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2855 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2115 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1743 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2269 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3506 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2550 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5407 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1728 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2416 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1963 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2497 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2662 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1773 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2949 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 882 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3392 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4301 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1933 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2032 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2047 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2739 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2251 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4153 Views