Man set huts ablaze after daughter received a Mugabe scholarship
2012 July 14 18:34:22 | 4020 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2848 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2785 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6686 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7464 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6030 views
- Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Scholarships | 2013 February 26 14:07:58
- Mugabe scholarship students stranded in SA | 2013 February 26 08:21:20
- African Guest Researchers' Scholarship | 2013 January 22 15:55:48
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84853 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46377 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44814 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30498 views
The Chipinge District police spokesperson, Sergeant Clothing Ncube, confirmed the incident and said a manhunt has since been launched for Ms Gladys Sithole's husband, Aaron Zabha who is believed to be behind the arson attack. The couple is said to have been embroiled in a domestic dispute for a long time, resulting in Zabha allegedly burning Ms Sithole's two huts.
In an interview, Ms Sithole, said she was left with nothing as everything went up in smoke.
"I only survived the arson attack with the clothes on my body. All my property was destroyed. I am glad that I am alive because Zabha wanted to kill me since he first tied the door from outside with a wire. He first torched my kitchen hut, but due to the fact that I was fast asleep, I did not even know what was happening outside. I was awoken by the light emanating from the fire and at first I thought it was daylight, but the heat coming from outside was just unbearable and I sensed danger," she said.
Sithole said she used a stone which was inside the hut she was sleeping in to break the door after she struggled to open it for some time.
"I rushed to the door and discovered that it was tied from outside. If it was not for the stone which I used to secure my door from inside, I might be history now," said a visibly traumatised Ms Sithole.
After escaping from the burning hut, Sithole and other villagers tried to put out the fire but they failed to save anything from the two huts. Sithole who is now staying with well wishers in Mutikwanda said her misunderstanding with Zabha came after she caught him in bed with his girlfriend only identified as Florence.
"I left Zabha at home for two weeks and went to Makandi Estate to get financial assistance from my brother since my daughter who is doing Grade Five at Chipinge Junior School was not feeling well. I delayed in coming back because my brother did not have the money and had to look for it from his friends. When I returned home last week at around 7pm, I was surprised to find Zabha with Florence in bed and I ordered them to vacate the compound, but they refused to comply. Zabha later took all the foodstuffs and left in company of his girl friend to a nearby bush," she said.
It is understood that Zabha later returned at Sithole's place and tied the door from outside before setting it on fire.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1024 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1219 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 350 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 798 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 696 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 611 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1256 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 2098 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2017 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3790 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1161 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1661 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1384 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1733 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 1965 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1354 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2294 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1905 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1514 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2086 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 893 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1244 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1125 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1107 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 270 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2406 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 3565 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1771 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1947 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2021 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2666 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2226 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4096 Views