Mugabe a 'village dog' says Roy Bennett
2012 July 07 09:44:48 | 2538 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2938 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2814 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6709 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7493 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6075 views
- 'Mugabe acts contrary to whats agreed in Monday meetings' | 2013 May 18 18:08:29
- 'Elect educated people into office,' says Mugabe | 2013 May 11 07:20:44
- Zambia's white VP says Mugabe wants to quit | 2013 May 02 11:09:03
- Mugabe wants Zanu-PF to secure 10 Parly seats in Harare | 2013 April 26 09:47:48
- Mugabe in Bulawayo for ZITF | 2013 April 25 23:13:16
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85052 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46473 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44892 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30555 views
Bennet accused his MDC-T party of giving legitimacy to Zanu-PF and claimed that Mugabe wanted another power-sharing arrangement after the next elections to ensure that his party remains in charge.
"Zanu-PF continues holding on to power using the military junta and controlling absolutely everything, and the MDC is giving them the playing field to continue looting and to continue moving diamond revenue outside the country," Bennett told VOA News.
"We did not begin the struggle to stroke the hand that kills. No more GNU - a miserable and malnourished mongrel fathered by an illegitimate and diseased village dog. Zanu-PF, get out of our way. Let's finish it now."
Proded by reporter, Violet Gonda, on who the "diseased village dog" was, Bennett said: "Obviously Mugabe is the dog.
"He is the dog that destroyed Zimbabwe; he is the dog that continues to hold onto power and kill people and direct, instruct and prop up a junta that unleashes violence on the people of Zimbabwe; and to terrorise his own people in a country that is supposed to be a free country that has come out of a liberation struggle."
Bennett's remarks are in sharp contrast to the effusive praise heaped on Mugabe by Finance Minister and MDC-T Secretary General Tendai Biti in a recent interview with the Sunday Mail.
"What I want to also appreciate about the man is his capacity to listen, counsel, most importantly, his unflappability. It is very important for a leader to listen to both sides (of a story) and not to (easily) get angry," Biti reportedly said.
"We find counsel and wisdom in him. His importance in this country will be seen once he's gone. When he's gone that is when you will see that this man was Zimbabwe.
"Some of us who came from different parties have had to learn a lot from the man. He is a fountain of experience, fountain of knowledge and, most importantly, a fountain of stability.
"There are a lot of horrible things that would have happened in this country if he had not said 'No'. History will prove the correctness of this statement. He has been the number one symbol of stability."
But Bennett claimed the Sunday Mail had told "absolute lies" adding "its just propaganda from Zanu-PF". Biti has however, not disowned the remarks.
Bennett also said the coalition government had outlived its usefulness, insisting that although the administration had managed to stabilise the country's economy, most ordinary people were still struggling to survive.
"It's fine to have the U.S. dollars and shops full of food, but the people on the ground don't have the money to buy the stuff and when the people on the ground are battling," he said.
"So we need to bring absolute and complete change and empower the people."
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 591 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 367 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 577 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 837 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1296 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 876 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1225 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 677 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 604 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1614 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4235 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4224 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1554 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3022 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2226 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1850 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2369 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3663 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2612 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5555 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1782 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2483 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2024 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2573 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 939 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3473 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4392 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1966 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2057 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2055 Views