Prostitute exposes R25,000 fake notes
2012 June 26 12:17:03 | 2170 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2678 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2701 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6588 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7370 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5943 views
- Man displeased by prostitute demands sex from her mother | 2013 May 12 15:05:17
- People misled by fake High Court orders | 2013 April 26 07:48:14
- Bogus cop arested for searching man's house | 2013 April 16 06:04:41
- Woman fakes rape after being caught having sex with boyfriend | 2013 April 11 22:13:31
- Hospital staffer in court for preparing fake medical exams reports | 2013 April 10 07:23:15
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84071 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45875 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44471 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30226 views
The crackdown of the five suspects - Simon Darlington Tandi (28), of Glendale Harare, Ben Maungwe (27) of Mbare, Godfrey Shirimani (25), of Hobhouse in Mutare and Evans Kadzunge (24), of Hobhouse - is expected to to help clear a backlog of cases involving unsuspecting residents who were conned using fake notes.
The five who appeared in court last week were remanded in custody to allow the magistrate, Ms Fortunate Bere, time to consider their bail application. The State led by Ms Event Dhliwayo opposed bail arguing that it needed time to carryout investigations as the suspects were likely to interfere with State witnesses thereby tempering with evidence.
Mr Maxwell Chiwanza, of Chiwanza and Partners Legal Practitioners who is representing the five, said his clients pleaded not guilty to the charges against them. He said the State was merely opposing bail to fix the five, adding that if released on bail, his clients would religiously observe imposed conditions.
Allegations are that on 10 June at around 10pm, the five were driving a BMW (registration number AAM 9079) drove to Neighbours Night Club in Vengere scouting for ladies of the night. On arrival, Bungu headed for the club to hunt for a female client. He then approached Eunice Magorimbo soliciting for sexual favours. Magorimbo, the 'Adults Pleasure Engineer' agreed to the proposal but demanded cash upfront, a call which Bungu answered by paying her R100, it is alleged.
Prosecutor Dhliwayo said: "The lady of the night scrutinised the note with the assistance of the night watchman securing the premises, only to find that it was a fake note. Magorimbo quickly advised one Constable Majaya, who was on night patrol and Bungu was arrested. After learning about Bungu's arrest, Tandi disembarked from the car and rushed to intervene and save his mate, arguing that the note was a genuine one. He also ended up being arrested and both were taken to Rusape Urban Police Station."
While at the Police Station, a body search was conducted, leading to the recovery of fake R1,900 from Tandi's inner jacket pockets. The duo then implicated Ben Maungwe, Godfrey Shirimani and Evans Kadzunge. Police then traced and apprehended them while seated in the parked BMW outside the club.
"After 'interrogations', Maungwe told the police that there was a black bag in the car which contained fake notes. The bag contained R25,000 of fake notes," said prosecutor Dhliwayo.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 54 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 498 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 419 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 516 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1730 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3092 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2415 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2616 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1166 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2065 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 854 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1023 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 940 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 779 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 768 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 940 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 506 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1342 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 3283 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1794 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 1080 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1125 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1055 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1509 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1429 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1793 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2187 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1961 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3627 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1952 Views