Dead man's avenging spirit kills 15 family members
2012 June 21 10:16:07 | 5087 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2686 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2704 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6592 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7373 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5946 views
- Man arrested for slitting his children's throats | 2013 May 19 18:44:06
- Man kills mother, dries and stores her remains for 10 years | 2013 May 18 23:44:15
- Man (27) accused of killing 10-year-old Rugare girl appears in court | 2013 May 18 13:02:00
- Businessman in court for threatening to kill ex-lover | 2013 May 04 09:09:33
- Vehicle veers off the road, rams into house, kills three | 2013 April 26 06:27:52
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84108 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45906 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44487 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30244 views
This was in an unfolding court case at the Mutare Civil Courts in which two Mutare men from Fairbridge Park low-density suburb are seeking a peace order against Chief Zimunya, Headman Chitiyo and eight family members whom they are accusing of forcing them to consult a traditional healer over the matter.
The two applicants, Abel and Douglas Mvududu, accused their relatives of forcing them to consult a traditional healer (n'anga/sangoma) over the mysterious deaths in the family. Relatives allege that sometime in 1989 Abel killed his domestic worker in Gombakomba, A Mozambican named Vasco Frashisco for rituals in a bid to make money in his grinding mill business.
Victor who is accusing the two aapplicants said: "Our father's brother, Abel, killed a man and put his blood on a grinding mill because he wanted to be successful. Hew lied to the family that the Mozambican had left for his country only for us to discover that that he was murdered in cold blood by our uncle. The family has lost over 15 people since 1989 and some are facing numerous problems in life."
Victor said after the death of the 15 people, they decided as a family to approach a traditional healer who told them that the avenging spirit of Frashisco needed to be appeased. They were told that to solve their misery they had to part with nine cattle and three goats. They were shown the directions to Frashisco's homestead in Mozambique.
"We are accepting our fate as a family but the problem is that the culprit behind the problems, who are now VERY WEALTHY don't want to co-operate and assist. They are LIVING GOOD LIVES while we are suffering. My father is dead because of the avenging spirit of Frashisco. Abel and Douglas are the only fathers left in the family but they are refusing to cede to the demands by Frashisco. Abel's children are all abroad doing well at our own expense and he is not even willing to spend a cent and help the family. Instead he had dragged us to court," said another family member identified as Jeremiah.
Bhasera, who is also a respondent to the peace order said: "Douglas is not the one who murdered the Mozambican. I am surprised why he is taking Abel's side and I don't even know what has entered into my brother's minds. They have changed and I am even afraid of approaching them. I just want them to reason with us and solve these misfortunes that have befallen the family."
Headman Chitiyo also fumed and said the applicants had belittled the powers of the chief. "Nyaya idzi dzengozi dzinotongwa kumatare amambo kana sabhuku vanhu voripa ngozi yopera mumusha. They are trying to run away from the real story by seeking a peace order. They have to pay nine beasts and 3 goats which are required to appease the spirit of the deceased. That's what we know in our tradition," said Headman Chitiyo.
The applicants are being represented by Mr Akisai Dhliwayo and the respondents by Mr Chris Ndlovu.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 420 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 360 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1108 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 732 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1366 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 965 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 895 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2508 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3503 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2732 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2946 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1320 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2311 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 984 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1178 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1097 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 922 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 907 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1063 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1483 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 3785 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1976 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 1208 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1263 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1498 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1817 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2212 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1984 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3651 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1956 Views