Church members dump human waste at woman's house
2012 June 16 18:10:28 | 2032 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2582 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2647 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6541 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7292 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5898 views
- Hubby bashes wife in 'church' | 2013 May 12 08:28:48
- Churchill Boys High robbed of US$41 000 | 2013 May 07 22:36:32
- Churches take over Bulawayo company premises | 2013 May 05 17:36:02
- Apostolic churches confirm loyality to Mugabe | 2013 April 29 05:53:38
- Church members in fistfights over use of church shrine | 2013 April 03 00:43:24
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83563 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45596 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44264 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30016 views
An explosive row over funds has rocked the Francistown Johan Church of God leaving church members at each other's throats. Gibora Sibanda (54), got the shock of her life when three angry church members emptied the foul smelling contents of two mobile toilets in her yard in Gaborone West last Friday.
Visibly disgusted by the foul act of protest she said: "They are my church mates. Our men are fighting over money and the war has now arrived right at my doorstep."
She further told The Voice that the three men, Naphtary, Joe and Rameki who brought the toilets in a Dyna truck, broke her gate down to empty two portable Daisy Loo toilets without saying a word to her. The trio who are relatives to the committee members accused of embezzling money, refused to comment on the matter.
Apparently caught in the crossfire of a war that hit the headlines when accusations of corruption and mismanagement of church funds sparked a fight that injured many and damaged property, Sibanda said she suspected the target was not her but her tenant, Dambe Mibisani who was vocal on the sensitive subject. At the centre of the controversy is the alleged mismanagement of church contributions that according to some concerned members runs into hundreds of thousands of pula, disgruntled elders have claimed.
Zimbabwean David Murima, a concerned pastor revealed in an interview that the church had become ungovernable and that some people like Mbisani were being persecuted for raising legitimate questions.
"The issue started in 2005 when we wanted an audited financial report. Since then anybody who raises the question of an audit is either suspended or threatened with dismissal," Murima claimed.
He said there were over 300 church members who were demanding answers over embezzlement accusations, but the Executive Committee led by a church elder called Themba Zakhile has resorted to issuing suspension letters to anybody who raised a dissenting voice.
"All we are told is that we paid BURS a substantial amount of money, and that we still owe P100,000 in taxes, but there is no paperwork to substantiate that," said Murima.
The young pastor who has been served with a suspension letter claimed that on a weekly basis the church collects about P3000, but since its formation in 1974 they are still worshipping in a tin shack.
"Why is it a hard thing to account to the members on how their money has been used?" he asked.
Efforts to reach both Zikhale and his Vice Chairperson Shadi Muratsi were unsuccessful as their mobile phones were off while the treasurer Moses Moyo's phone rang unanswered. Mbisani too couldn't be reached for a comment as he had travelled to Zimbabwe at the time. Gaborone West Police Station Commander, Bonnie Bareki confirmed the strange incident in a telephone interview on Wednesday.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 271 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 929 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 433 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 1029 Views
Thulani Nkala | 2013 May 18 | 480 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 871 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 736 Views
Nathaniel Manheru | 2013 May 18 | 553 Views
Bowden B.C. Mbanje and Darlington N. Mahuku | 2013 May 18 | 528 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 508 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 800 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 18 | 644 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 657 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 592 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 952 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 533 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 18 | 706 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1096 Views
AP | 2013 May 18 | 1360 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1636 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1061 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 928 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 765 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1785 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1449 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1693 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1692 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3229 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1826 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2604 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2206 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1341 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 12 | 3276 Views