Madhuku's NCA faces collapse as funds run dry, congress deferred
2012 June 13 16:40:47 | 1135 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2693 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2709 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6597 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7380 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5949 views
- 'Its legally possible to hold election by 29 June,' says Madhuku | 2013 May 12 10:08:54
- The NCA must delay the formation of a new political party | 2013 May 03 20:06:17
- Madhuku blasts Tsvangirai | 2013 May 02 00:07:25
- NCA sides with Zanu-PF on elections date | 2013 April 21 11:45:57
- MDC-T looks to heal rift with Madhuku | 2013 April 02 11:48:37
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84161 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45934 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44501 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30253 views
Although the NCA spokesman, Maddock Chivasa, said the delaying of the congress was to allow ample time for Professor Lovemore Madhuku to lead the No Vote Campaign, sources said on Tuesday the organisation was asking for members to bail it out after a donors' snub.
NCA spokesperson Maddock Chivasa said: "It was unanimously resolved that the NCA congress be held after the referendum and national elections so as to allow the current leadership to continue leading the NO Vote campaign. Therefore any talk of leadership renewal has been shelved for the time being to allow the smooth running of the Take Charge campaign."
The NCA congress, which was due this year, would have paved way for new leaders to take over the running of the constitutional reform pressure group.
The NCA is also demanding that the draft be out for a referendum to take place "so that the people of Zimbabwe be given a democratic right to decide what they want".
"As the NCA we are now calling upon our structures to intensify the NO Vote campaign in rejecting the politicians driven constitution. We would then demand that an independent commission be established to start a fresh process to lead the constitution making process," said Chivasa.
The NCA also demanded that elections be conducted only after the writing of a new democratic people driven constitution that will lead to a free and fair elections.
"The NCA calls upon its membership to voluntarily assist in funding the programmes and activities of the organisation to move away from too much reliance on donor funds, to ensure that the NCA continues to be afloat and remains truly independent in its operations bearing in mind the 'strings attachments' mainly associated with donor money," the NCA said.
The NCA said it is disturbed by the manner in which parliament handled the constitution writing process blowing close to $45million and yet they were failing to produce a consolidated draft. The lobby group demanded that a referendum must be held for people to choose whether to accept or reject the draft constitution.
The NCA called upon its membership and structures to "intensify the NO Vote campaign in rejecting the politician driven constitution."
The group also rejected calls to have an election without any meaningful reforms in our media, electoral and security sector and without a new democratic people driven constitution and that elections be conducted only after a the writing of a new democratic people driven constitution that will lead to a free and fair elections.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 56 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 97 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 128 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 79 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 247 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 786 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 587 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1787 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1142 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1886 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1245 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 1070 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2900 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3745 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2909 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 3166 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1409 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2494 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1072 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1277 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1214 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 1016 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 989 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1129 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1544 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1841 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2245 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2009 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3679 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1967 Views