Mbuya Tsvangirai threatens to kill herself if Locadia is sent away
2011 December 11 10:11:28 | 1352 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2867 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2790 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6689 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7467 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6048 views
- Tsvangirai aide's trial to go ahead | 2013 May 21 05:45:20
- 'I hate people who say let's have a coalition with Morgan Tsvangirai' says Ncube | 2013 May 20 02:33:54
- 'We will continue to look for external support' says Tsvangirai | 2013 May 18 00:22:21
- Morgan Tsvangirai speech to MDC-T policy conference | 2013 May 17 22:26:38
- 'Yesterday people can't provide answers to today's challenges,' says Tsvangirai | 2013 May 17 16:12:40
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84903 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46394 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44832 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30510 views
Seeing that he is losing the battle against his mother, the PM has since beefed up security at his homestead by deploying private security personnel to protect the new bride from prying eyes.
The PM was scheduled to visit his rural home last Wednesday but insiders said he abruptly cancelled the trip, which they said was supposed to have been the waterloo of his marriage to Ms Karimatsenga.
PM Tsvangirai was expected to meet his brother, Mutare-based Mr Collins Pakuru Tsvangirai, who has taken time off to stay at the Humanikwa homestead and whom insiders believe would help bring finality to the squabbles rocking the marriage.
Villagers and some relatives told reporters during a visit to the PM's homestead that his mother, Mbuya Lydia Tsvangirai, had reportedly threatened to commit suicide if Ms Karimatsenga is sent away.
"Mbuya likes muroora wavo. She has told the PM that she would kill herself if he sends her away. The family has accepted her as their muroora (daughter-in-law) and plans are underway to join her welcome party together with the massive graduation party of one of the PM's children who recently completed studies at an Australian university. This bash is expected on Christmas Day," said a worker at the PM's residence.
When reporters visited the village during the week, the private security denied the news crew access to Mbuya (the PM's mother) while the bride, Ms Karimatsenga, could be seen jovially welcoming and chatting to three elderly women relatives who had come to greet her.
Villagers interviewed said since the arrival of the new security Ms Karimatsenga's regular errands to the local Buhera Office business shops have been curtailed.
"Almost on a daily basis muroora (bride), at around 4pm would drive her car to the shops with the PM's two or three young male relatives to Kudenga Shops at Buhera Office to buy drinks and other groceries.
"But since the arrival of these men (private security details) we haven't seen much of her driving to the shops. Pakuru's (Collins) wife and daughter now do the errands," said an elderly woman neighbour who declined to be identified.
A shop assistant at Kudenga grocery store confirmed having served the PM's wife at her shop but declined to give further details.
This news crew saw workers at the Tsvangirai homestead putting up a stage in anticipation of the Christmas Day celebrations.
Truckloads of firewood to be used during the celebrations were being offloaded at the PM's residence during the visit, while other workers were busy erecting the stage. PM Tsvangirai has been embroiled in a marital dispute with Ms Karimatsenga with reports saying he paid US$36 000 lobola. He later denied marrying Ms Karimatsenga insisting he only paid traditional damages for making her pregnant with twins.
However, the PM had to issue out two statements as in the first statement he confirmed that indeed he wanted to marry Ms Karimatsenga. He later edited the statement saying he had only paid money for damages.
Source: Sunday Mail
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 565 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2236 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2332 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 811 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1612 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 1205 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1047 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1592 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 2577 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2219 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4440 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1356 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1918 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1564 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2007 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2156 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1466 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2503 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2111 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1660 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2316 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1003 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1368 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1255 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 464 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2722 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 3788 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1816 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1970 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2025 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2686 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2233 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4110 Views