Zapu does not exist, Joshua Nkomo has not rise from the dead
2012 August 26 16:07:53 | 2784 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3035 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2841 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6739 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7527 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6100 views
- Mugabe arrives in Bulawayo for Nkomo's memorial service | 2013 May 12 00:41:23
- Dr Dabengwa nominated as Zapu presidential candidate | 2013 May 09 22:42:02
- ZAPU Europe holds a 'successful' AGM | 2013 May 07 01:56:15
- ZAPU affirms itself in Jotsholo | 2013 May 04 09:22:07
- 'No reversal to land reform,' says Dabengwa | 2013 May 02 11:24:50
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85472 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46670 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45049 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30687 views
In a speech read on his behalf by Governor and Resident Minister for Matabeleland North Province Thokozile Mathuthu at belated 21st February Movement Commemorations at Lusulu last Friday, Dr Nkomo said Zapu did not exist and anybody who wished to revive it should go and raise Dr Joshua Nkomo from the dead and destroy the Unity Accord.
"President Mugabe and the late Dr Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo called the people together to unite and form one party which is now Zanu-PF. When they went to war they went as one party. So Dabengwa where did you get your Zapu from, which one is your Zapu?
Anybody who wishes to revive Zapu should go and raise Joshua Nkomo from the dead and say: "Let us destroy the Unity Accord which you signed with President Mugabe in 1987',' said VP Nkomo
"Cdes, there is no Zapu which has been revived, akula Zapu evukileyo, Joshua Nkomo has not risen from the dead."
VP Nkomo urged the people of Matabeleland not to be fooled by people as Zanu-PF was the only party that exists.
"Don't be fooled by other people, the only party which exists is Zanu-PF which was formed by PF ZAPU and ZANU.
"If anybody wants to form his or her own party find your own name rather than ukugada kweyabafileyo,"said VP Nkomo.
Turning to the issue of the constitution, VP Nkomo said there were other parties which were defending foreign views at the expense of the black people of Zimbabwe and urged people to defend people's views, natural resources and sovereignty.
"Right now we are in the process of completing a constitution, some parties had brought views which were not the views of the people of Zimbabwe and we refused that. As Zanu-PF we will defend the people's views, sovereignty and natural resources and we want to remove this inclusive Government," said VP Nkomo.
Zanu-PF politburo member and deputy secretary for youth affairs, Edison Chakanyuka, said the 21st February Movement was important as it was a great day for a great man.
"We have a day where we celebrate the President's birthday. As youth league we saw it fit to celebrate the President's birthday because he is a visionary leader, a great man and a war liberator, the day is not only for Zanu-PF but also for the MDCs, it's a great day for a great leader," he said.
Zanu-PF Matabeleland North secretary for administration, Clifford Sibanda, said President Mugabe fought to liberate and emancipate the black people of Zimbabwe.
"Cdes, President Mugabe fought to liberate you from colonialism, imperialism emancipation and bring back land which was brutally taken away by the British.
"All the countries in the world wish to give its people natural resources but President Mugabe has managed to score all these," he said.
Zanu-PF national youth political commissar, Mike Gava, director for youth affairs Tapiwa Zengeya, youth secretary for science and technology, Nqabayezwe Maphosa, secretary for information and publicity Bekezela Sibanda and youth vice-chairperson for Matabeleland North Province Norah Dube, also attended the event.
Delta Milayo Ndou | 2013 May 22 | 26 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 22 | 362 Views
Masowe eChishanu | 2013 May 22 | 389 Views
amnesty.org | 2013 May 22 | 337 Views
New Ziana | 2013 May 22 | 206 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 484 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 681 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 873 Views
Den Moyo | 2013 May 22 | 1463 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1854 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 616 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 830 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 612 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 1154 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2598 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 2111 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3645 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2209 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2218 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 4051 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1507 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3058 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3324 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2277 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1493 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4216 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5169 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2204 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2189 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2109 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2910 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2291 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4311 Views