Youths disrupts MDC-T meeting
2012 August 23 08:14:52 | 2139 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2888 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2796 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6694 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7476 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6055 views
- MDC-T bigwigs accused of trying to rig elections | 2013 May 21 03:18:21
- Tsvangirai led MDC fingered in Chegutu violence | 2013 May 20 19:02:53
- MDC-T to hold its National Policy Conference in Harare | 2013 May 16 14:42:57
- 68-year-old woman bashed by MDC-T | 2013 May 07 22:39:42
- ALERT - Soldiers suspiciously deployed at mobile voter registration centre | 2013 May 07 12:24:22
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84946 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46419 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44852 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30522 views
The meeting was called off as the youths believed to have been bussed to bulldoze into the meeting fought with those from Gwabalanda who were in the meeting.
It is alleged that the meeting turned more violent as the two factions started throwing stones at each other and in the process damaging property from three nearby houses.
The meeting was being held at a house, Number 4286 in the suburb where provincial executive members were meeting the local branch members to iron out issues surrounding the suspension of the branch chairman.
It is alleged that the group of youths was not happy about the recent suspension of Gwabalanda branch, chairman Mr Robert Mlilo.
Sources said the youths had earlier petitioned the provincial leadership over the conduct of senior officials in the branch who were firing party members under unclear circumstances. The dismissals were believed to have been fuelled by factionalism.
Six of the youths yesterday appeared in court each facing a charge of public violence.
The six are Nqobile Malikongwa (23), of 6950 Cowdray Park; Tawanda Dube (23), of 1665 Old Luveve; Hapson Nyasha Ncube (28), of 3285 Cowdray Park; Philip Lunga (26), of 3234 Old Luveve; Reginald Ndlovu (23), of 3234 Old Luveve and George Moyo (19) of 5123 Gwabalanda, all members of Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai partyâ€™s youth wing.
Moyo is the son of Luveve Member of the House of Assembly, Mr Reggie Moyo.
They appeared before Miss Marilyn Mutshina at the Bulawayo magistrate courts who remanded them in custody to today.
Allegations against Malikongwa, Dube, Ncube, Lunga, Ndlovu and Moyo are that on Sunday they allegedly stormed into an executive meeting without the approval of members of the executive.
While in the yard, the court heard, they were confronted by the organising secretary, Mr Cornelius Sibanda who told them that they were not allowed in the meeting.
The court heard that Mr Sibanda told them that only youths from the local branch were allowed into the meeting and asked them to leave.
The youths were allegedly in the company of the suspended Mr Mlilo who was also denied entry by Mr Sibanda but forced his way in.
The court heard that Mr Mlilo confronted Mr Sibanda telling him that the youths had a right to attend the meeting. The meeting was immediately called off resulting in skirmishes between the two groups of youths.
It is alleged that the two parties started throwing stones and in the process damaged windowpanes and roofing sheets at three houses.
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 70 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 103 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 105 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 107 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1089 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3306 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3339 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1252 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2410 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 1726 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1414 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1968 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3069 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2387 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4991 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1552 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2208 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1780 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2274 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2449 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1619 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2733 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2349 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1847 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 680 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3076 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4035 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1870 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1993 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2035 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2711 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2241 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4130 Views