Donkey meat for sale in Bulawayo
2012 July 22 11:06:54 | 2611 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2913 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2806 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6701 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7483 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6068 views
- Lecturer calls Mugabe 'a rotten old donkey,' jailed | 2013 May 18 16:04:02
- Man Jailed for killing neighbour's donkey | 2013 May 15 01:49:11
- 'I did not describe Mugabe as a limping donkey' | 2013 May 09 06:45:21
- 'Mugabe is a limping donkey,' said Madzore | 2013 May 04 09:14:45
- Man to celebrate Independence day behind bars for bonking a donkey | 2013 April 17 14:43:45
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85013 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46459 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44879 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30538 views
The discovery of the hidden parts resulted in residents suspecting that the donkey had been slaughtered for sale by unscrupulous meat vendors.
The people then confronted some of the meat vendors demanding to know where they got their meat.
The parts were positively identified as those of a donkey belonging to Mr Ndodana Dube that reportedly went missing at a farm adjacent to the suburb after the owner had left it to graze in the evening.
In the morning, Mr Dube could not find the donkey and efforts to locate it were fruitless.
"I informed people about my missing donkey and just this morning I got information that some donkey remains had been found in the suburb. when I went to the scene I found the head and the ears had the marking of my missing donkey.
"These people are really cruel. how can they honestly slaughter a donkey? what do you do with it because it is not even edible, but by the way it was slaughtered it is obvious that the culprits wanted the meat for sale," said Mr Dube.
He said it was the second donkey he had lost and later found slaughtered.
"This is not the first time for this to happen, the first time when it happened I ignored it but now enough is enough. I can't be losing my animals, the only investment that I have, just like that something has to be done. If not for me at least to protect those who might be innocently buying this meat for consumption," said Mr Dube.
Residents expressed disgust at the ploy by the meat vendors in the suburb saying there was a huge possibility that they were selling donkey meat to them.
"Most of us don't even know what donkey meat looks like so they take advantage of desperate, unsuspecting residents to sell this meat at a cheaper rate. The authorities must intervene and bring these unscrupulous individuals to book as a matter of urgency," said a resident who only identified himself as Mr Moyo.
The residents said it was unfortunate that people were buying from the meat vendors because of their cheap prices but that meat was not subjected to any testing or licensing from the relevant departments.
One of the meat vendors who spoke on condition of anonymity however refuted the allegations being levelled against them saying they bought genuine meat from neighbouring farms.
"We are trying to make a living here, it is unfair for someone to come to us and accuse us of selling donkey meat. this is just not good for business, we are out to map life not kill people.
"If these people feel we are selling donkey meat, we are challenging them to come and test our meat and tell us whether it is donkey meat or not. yes, we agree that there are some of us who are unscrupulous but this does not mean all of us can do such things," said the meat vendor.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 541 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 989 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 727 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1009 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 547 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 485 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1472 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3937 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3912 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1483 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2843 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2106 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1733 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2260 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3491 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2546 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5381 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1721 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2408 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1955 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2490 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2658 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1767 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2937 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 876 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3382 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4289 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1931 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2030 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2047 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2737 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2251 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4151 Views