Zim woman committed suicide in UK on Valentine's Day
2013 February 16 19:38:22 | 10175 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3064 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2855 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6762 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7577 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6115 views
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber rams car into NATO convoy, 2 troops killed | 2013 May 16 13:08:00
- Man (26) hangs himself with a shoelace after stealing a mobile phone | 2013 May 16 09:35:32
- Suicide bomber targets foreign forces in the Afghan capital | 2013 May 16 08:19:59
- Man kill self over sex | 2013 May 15 06:06:00
- Woman in distress as all her ex-boyfriends commit suicide' | 2013 May 13 06:46:02
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85709 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46824 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45156 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30771 views
According to getsurrey.co.uk (February 15, 2013), Mitchel Mpofu was found dead in her room at a rented house in Guildford.
Woking Coroner's Court heard on Tuesday that the man described as her "on-off boyfriend", Arnold Mukuvare, dropped to his knees when he saw her body, having helped her housemates break through the door using a fire extinguisher.
An A4 note explaining her decision to break up with him was found next to the bed, along with Valentine's gifts she had purchased.
The consultant pathologist who carried out a post-mortem examination stated that she had suffocated.
Describing the discovery of Mpofu's body, Diane Young, who managed the house in Cedar Way, said: "She was in bed and she looked very peaceful. What struck me was how peaceful the room looked and how flat the duvet was.
"I went to check a pulse, but as soon as I touched her it was evident she was dead."
Evidence was heard about the often turbulent relationship between Mpofu, who was from Zimbabwe, and Mukuvare, who had been together in her room for the last time on the evening of Valentine's Day.
Young said she had talked with her the previous day about the Valentine's gifts she had purchased for Mukuvare and that she had appeared happy.
However, Mukuvare, a University of Surrey student, told the coroner he had not bought Mpofu a Valentine's gift due to lack of money and that she often remarked he was unromantic due to their conversations being "too intellectual".
The couple had broken up a week earlier, the coroner heard, but continued to meet to discuss their relationship.
Mukuvare said that in a text message shortly before her death, she had said she was "leaving" and had refused to elaborate on what she meant when he asked her.
Repayment of a loan Mpofu took out to fund her masters degree in human resources was also said to be worrying her, as were persistent gastric problems.
Confusion was created by a 999 call made by Mpofu at 12:20am yesterday, shortly after Mukuvare said he left, alleging that a domestic violence offence had occurred, the inquest heard.
She would not give police officers any further details when they arrived to check on her safety, and it is thought this was the last time anyone saw her alive.
Detective Constable Andrew Greaves of Surrey Police said CCTV footage showed Mpofu in Tesco alone on the evening of February 14.
Coroner Michael Burgess was adamant in his verdict that no-one else had been involved in her death.
"There was no way a third party could have left the premises while leaving it secured from the inside, as it was," he said.
However, the coroner said the reasons for Mpofu's suicide remained very unclear, but he believed distress may have been caused due to her expecting more from the relationship with Mukuvare than he did.
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 776 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1646 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1820 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1798 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1514 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1552 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 769 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2168 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 1137 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 1875 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1476 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2215 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1892 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1531 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1686 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 2425 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1740 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 1244 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1459 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1263 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2475 Views
Pauline Mhuka | 2013 May 23 | 1021 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 943 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 966 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 258 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1699 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4476 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5547 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2317 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2246 Views