Bulawayo musicians hit back at Macheso
2012 May 31 12:25:44 | 5063 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2961 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2820 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6713 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7499 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6079 views
- Bulawayo Comes Alive forces Macheso to re-schedule his show | 2013 May 18 07:19:27
- Macheso's girlfriend arrested for beating up a reporter | 2013 April 28 10:06:27
- Big Brother Africa lures Zimbabwean musicians | 2013 April 22 08:55:42
- Thief breaks into Macheso's BMW X5 | 2013 April 15 08:25:14
- Macheso to grace AU celebrations in Ethiopia | 2013 April 14 10:17:46
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28432 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 15029 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 14055 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11485 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 10092 views
Macheso mocked Bulawayo artistes during his show on Thursday night, saying he could fill up Bulawayo's Amphitheatre and they could not although he was playing in their mother city.
He mocked musicians such as Jeys Marabini, Chase Skuza, Mokis Connection and Sandra Ndebele.
Fans in the Amphitheatre gave cheers of appreciation as Macheso said this and laughed that he had noticed that Bulawayo artistes could not fill up the venue.
In a telephone interview yesterday, Majahawodwa "Jeys Marabini" Ndlovu said Macheso should stop making fun of Bulawayo artistes.
He said they also had their own crowds and every musician has his or her time to shine.
"Macheso must stop his mockery of us because one day we will get there. We have our own crowd and he should not forget that. Bulawayo musicians are not happy with his ranting. Macheso should not just say whatever he wants in a public space as if he has tried to engage us," said Jeys.
He said he tried to phone Macheso to iron out the finer details for their show in Hwange but Macheso was not returning his calls.
"I phoned him a week before his Bulawayo show and Macheso said we shall talk when he was in the city. On Wednesday his phone was unreachable and on Thursday it was the same. I tried to call his manager and he was hanging up on me. So he should not lie and say he has tried to engage us. I think he has a problem with us because he is always saying this in the media," said Jeys.
His colleague, Chase Skuza, said Macheso should tell the truth because there were many liaisons that they had to do collaborative shows.
He said he could not just come and perform at Macheso's show uninvited. "Angatshayi inja efihla umphini. If Macheso does not invite me to his shows to perform how can I come to that show? He should propose to perform with us and not say he looked for us when he did not do so," said Skuza.
He said Macheso should engage musicians from the southern region when he performs at shows so that he can promote them also.
"Macheso might have the love to work with us, but he should press his promoter that since he is in Plumtree, Beitbridge, Bulawayo or Hwange, he should look at the local acts that are there. Macheso can approach me, Jeys, Mokis Connection, Sandra or Ndolwane. I am sure that if he approaches us to perform with him personally I would not object," said Skuza.
He said every week he was performing at different venues around Matabeleland South Province.
"Angila viki yamahara, last week I was performing eMaphisa. So he should be promoting the musicians that he mentioned when he goes to their localities," said Skuza.
He said it was about time musicians hold collaborative shows in order to promote each other.
"We should do shows as a group, with me, Jeys, Ndolwane, Mokis and Sandra so that we promote each other and even go to Harare and perform there for the fans," said Skuza.
Fans said what Macheso said was very immature and should not laugh at his colleagues but rather help them. Others said although Macheso was stating a mere fact he should not boastfully mock his compatriots.
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 400 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 279 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 642 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 163 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 315 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 296 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 247 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 406 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 250 Views
Prosper Ndlovu | 2013 May 22 | 248 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 396 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 477 Views
Charles Laiton | 2013 May 22 | 347 Views
Jairos Saunyama | 2013 May 22 | 305 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 650 Views
blackvoicenews.com | 2013 May 22 | 305 Views
Agencies | 2013 May 22 | 198 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1591 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 864 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1542 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1332 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1831 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 1174 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1658 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1070 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3649 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4500 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2017 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2100 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2064 Views