Munya finally marries his long time love, Adiona Maboreke
2012 September 04 01:10:51 | 5496 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2673 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2697 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6582 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7364 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5937 views
- Woman bashes hubby over unpaid lobola | 2013 May 05 11:35:43
- Interview: Gwisai's views on the new constitution | 2013 April 06 00:14:54
- Man loses wife as in-laws demand money they spent on her education | 2013 February 18 01:55:49
- Man robbed of $800 lobola money | 2013 January 18 19:22:41
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28296 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 14940 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 13921 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11392 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 10004 views
Munya paid lobola for Adiona earlier this year, in January, and the running joke was that he had finally done in real life what he had done in the movie, Lobola, where he starred with Dalma Chiwereva.
On Saturday morning an ecstatic Adiona posted on Facebook; "Mercy said no! Today is my wedding day! The devil has been put to shame! My God rules! Ladies... fairytales exist! I'm walking down the aisle with my prince charming today! Thank you lord...you are a God of answered prayer!"
Munya, making his first status update in over a month, had this to say, "Getting married in three hours...its show time thanks for the love people."
As Adiona walked down the aisle three hours later, she was the image of resplendence in her flowing white gown. The groomsmen responded by getting onto their knees and clapping in a traditional gesture to thank their in-laws for the gift of a new wife.
The marital ceremony was overseen by Reverend Father Fenga of the Anglican Church and witnessed by a small gathering of family and friends. After exchanging their vows the couple signed the register, but not before they had sealed the union with a passionate kiss .
The traditional Anglican ceremony was brief and emotional and there were tears as the couple strolled out arm in arm.
After the usual photos, the reception kicked off with the Bridal party performing the traditional "steps" for the gathering but with a funked up modern and youthful feel to them.
Adiona's parents, who could not be at the ceremony, sent video messages congratulating the newly-weds on their union. Elizabeth Karonga spoke on behalf of Munya's maternal side. And Mr Finhai Maboreke spoke on behalf of the Maboreke family.
A highlight of the ceremony was when Adiona sang a song, titled I Love You, which she penned for Munya.
The groom responded with an impromptu dance for his new bride as guests broke into applause.
Munya and Adiona have been going out for several years now and were dating as far back as 2009. They have a two-year old son, Pfumai.
Both are former reality TV stars. Adiona took part in Idols East Africa in 2008 where she came out in the top four and was one of five Zimbabweans in the top ten (the others were Eric Moyo, who won the competition, Trinah Chisanga, 3rd, Amara Brown, 5th, Mkhululi Bhebhe, 6th and Samantha Tirivacho, 8th).
Munya came second to Nigeria's Uti Nwachukwu in Big Brother All Stars in 2010 in a highly disputed ruling where his fellow countrymen and thousands of other viewers across Africa thought he should have won the US$200 000 first prize. He was subsequently given US$300 000, raised by Zimbabwean businessmen and handed to him by President Robert Mugabe.
Speaking to Zimbo Jam a thrilled Munya said, "I am no longer Diamond Boy, I am now officially Mr Diamond."
There were tithis day would never come. In June last year, Munya and Adiona parted ways and Munya was quoted by the Sunday Mail as saying "It is true that we separated. It was not working and there is no specific reason for the separation. It happens with any other break-up when you both realise that this is not going the way it is supposed to be.
Even at that time though he thought that Adiona was; "still a great person."
Apparently she thought the very same thing...
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 207 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2411 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 1887 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2070 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 923 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1690 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 690 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 846 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 731 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 606 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 595 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 799 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 395 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1192 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 2743 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1588 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 955 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 991 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 870 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 921 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1342 Views
Harmony Agere | 2013 May 19 | 1007 Views
Alex Bell | 2013 May 19 | 728 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1038 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1360 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1779 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2162 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1953 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3611 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1945 Views