Goodyear tracks across Sub-Saharan Africa
2012 June 25 06:46:51 | 1468 Views
Some members of this important team were photographed at Goodyearâ€™s Retail Conference recently. Behind, from left, are Jeff Luck, Taps Maikokera and Carel van der Merwe. In front, from left, are Balang Ookeditse Balang, Rolf RÃ¶hrmuller and David Phuthego.
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2793 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2771 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6665 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7451 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6013 views
- Zim 'richest and most heavily resourced country' in sub-Saharan Africa | 2013 May 17 15:32:14
- Goodyear Eagles give sporty new Ford its wings | 2013 May 06 07:47:00
- Investing In Africa | 2013 March 16 16:05:43
- GM Africa Looks To 6th Generation Isuzu Pick-up for Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa | 2013 March 04 12:17:26
- Goodyear World Premiere for New Wheel Loader Tyre at BAUMA 2013 | 2013 March 01 08:46:15
- Kasukuwere denies Zimbabwe indigenisation policy changes | 2013 April 24 16:02:19 | 9231 views
- Banks gang up against EcoCash | 2013 February 04 09:50:06 | 9104 views
- DHL workers panic | 2013 February 08 18:14:00 | 7138 views
- Mangoma steps down as M&R CEO to join Zimplats | 2013 January 24 16:04:34 | 6852 views
- Gono warns about SA imports | 2013 February 06 21:32:00 | 6721 views
Goodyear's footprint is the most comprehensive of all tyre manufacturers on the continent. These are countries and cultures so diverse â€“ and some so volatile â€“ that each requires focused attention in order to satisfy product requirements and nurture the market. For this reason, Goodyear has strategically grouped its sub-Saharan customers into clusters, based mostly on their proximity to one another, managed by a dedicated team and led by a Cluster Director.
SOUTH WEST CLUSTER
The African customers closest â€“ and in many ways most similar â€“ to the South African market, are those in the South West African cluster of Namibia, Angola and Botswana. The team is led by Rolf RÃ¶hrmuller and includes regional managers Carel van der Merwe (Angola), Balang Ookeditse Balang (Botswana) and David Phuthego (Botswana), finance managers Taps Maikokera (Botswana) and Jeff Luck (Namibia), and area sales managers Gerrie Barnard, Piet Lourens, Eugene Walters and Trevor Britten.This cluster's head office is in Windhoek.
- NAMIBIA currently has the strongest footprint of the three, with 17 retail branches, 6 on-sites (mining operations), 3 warehouses and 1 inbound store.
- ANGOLA has 6 retail branches, 2 warehouses and no on-sites.
- BOTSWANA has 8 retail branches, 6 on-sites and 1 warehouse.
"Of the three, Angola offers Goodyear the biggest growth opportunity. With a population of 18.5 million, the potential market is double that of Namibia or Botswana. Goodyear hopes to make solid inroads, engaging here with third parties, independents and wholesales. Finding appropriate business partners is key to our success in Angola," RÃ¶hrmuller explained.
"Trentyre Angola recently opened two new retail branches, in Luanda and Huambo. We have also appointed four more third party and independent agents, and are already seeing returns on this extended network in the market. We are also looking into the viability of a retread factory for commercial tyres.
"The biggest challenge in Angola remains that of corporate governance. It is very important to us that business is conducted in an ethical way, the Goodyear way, and we strive to lead with integrity."
RÃ¶hrmuller said the key drive in Namibia was, similarly, for Goodyear to secure reputable third party agents, especially in the north which holds half the population.
"We have three branches in the north but have not yet established a presence in the little outer lying towns, which are a potential market. In Namibia, we definitely foresee a bigger share of market. Our Operation Nam Consumer and Operation Nam Commercial programmes are bearing fruit, and our emphasis is on unit sales. Our marketing programmes in Namibia are aligned with Goodyear's message of Safety Together, so we participate in safety campaigns and work with government in improving road safety."
In Botswana, too, Goodyear's drive is to strengthen relationships with agents and independents to build share of market. As in Namibia, marketing strategies here also focus on safety campaigns.
"Our mining customers, in particular, like to see our proactive involvement in safety. Trentyre's QSMA system is a strong marketing tool and has helped boost our share of the mining market. We have developed strong relationships with the mines and make sure we protect this existing customer base.
"This year we are rebuilding our premises in Gaborone, which burnt down last year, and we will make the most of our opening in August. Our retread factory will be behind the store, which will get excellent exposure thanks to our position along a busy highway."
Source: Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Holdings (Pty) Ltd
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 70 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 107 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 53 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 105 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 77 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 94 Views
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 186 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 550 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 675 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 1073 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 892 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 679 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 944 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 361 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 474 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 514 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 492 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 502 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 349 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 947 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1168 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 686 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2314 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 965 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2488 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1592 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1875 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2006 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2588 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2197 Views